Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Time to get fit and get in shape.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to get fit and get in shape.

Hi guys,

First post in this section of PF - had a browse in here over the past hour because ive been saying to myself for months now that i need to get fit.

I used to run alot in secondary school, was very good at both long distance (X-country, 600m) and sprints (100m). Won the county 600m in Kelvin Hall years ago, but since then and going to uni ive had little time nor inclination to keep fit. I now feel dreadfully unfit, and get out of breath alot more easy than before.

Im 20, got a skinny build, 5ft 12" and am 9.5stone.

Im about to join my uni gym, but will only be able to attend it 1 or 2 times a week if im lucky (i am always very busy during term time with uni work). I want to make the most of my sessions there, any advice?

Im mainly looking to get fit rather than add to muscle, but wouldn't mind toning up a bit. So my exercises/gym activities should be mainly CV if im correct?

I try and eat healthily these days and tend to either drink milk or water, whilst eating lots of fruit, whilst keeping my intake of sweets/junk food to a minimum. I found this diet helped my concentration at uni, and i do not want to be eating food which improves my physical strength but effects my mental ability.

Any advice/tips/recommendations?

Cheers