Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Loosing Weight and Lowering High Blood Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing Weight and Lowering High Blood Pressure

as a few of you know Ive been agoraphobic now for the last 8/9 months and its taken a major toll on my body. last yr i was drinking just to get through the day with my panic attacks smoking heavily and my sleeping pattern was totally fucked.

the past few months Ive now cut my drinking to a Friday or Saturday night only as im sick of alcohol really and my smoking has cut down a hell of a lot. Also Ive just started to get my sleeping back to regular times (with aid of sleeping tablets till this weekend then i'm gonna try normally)

well cut to the chase I'm 26 next Tuesday, 6'2", i now weigh nearly 19stone (don't look it but damn well feel it) and have blood pressure of 165. i need to get that down asap before I'm fucked for life or worse dead! Ive now cut out 90% of caffeine i drink green or calamine tea, hardly touch cola etc. i will stop smoking soon i really will. i eat healthy i have fruit & fibre in the morning, sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner. i rarely pig out on crap chocolate or sweets etc.

as i cant get out really i want to know what i could do to shift this weight/lower my blood pressure? i have some weights and a step thing that's like running in mid air

and also how long should i be doing these exercises for considering Ive done foook all for years and i mean years. ive walked about the house for 8months so i havent done anything at all really but i don't want to kill myself exercising.

PS also getting fit might sort out my panic attacks

any help would be grateful

cheeRS
Old 20-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what is your diastolic bp?
Old 20-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

i actually cant remember the diastolic bp. All the doctor said he would like to see me down to 140 in 4 weeks time. He didn't seem real concerned, just said to get it down by exercising. but id like to have a normal as i can blood pressure.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

theres no such thing as "normal" when it comes to bp, it differes person to person so any "normal" reading is just an average. to mention just a few - height, weight, age, health, diet...all make a difference, and as they all differ between us your bp does too. that said the national target is 140/90 according to http://www.bpassoc.org.uk
my bp 135/80, age 33, 6ft, 92kg