Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Suggested Foods/Drinks ...

Old 05-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggested Foods/Drinks ...

... anything to increase mass/muscle build up.

Reading some articles, and what is ideal to eat for what result ... and I'm not quite sure what to have ?

Any help is very welcome

Here's the average daily routine (Mon-Fri)
Get up between 7:15 - 7:45am
Have a bowl of Special K (used to be Frosties or something, but I got fed up with it and I don't mind the less sugar amount)
30min drive to work.
Have a lunch break for 1 hour usually around 12, 1 or 2.
For lunch I have a mix of green salad, chicken, pasta, mayonaise and a touch of paprika (sometimes I use white rice instead of pasta)
Get to the gym straight from work between 4-5 ... spend about 1hour to 1hour 30mins, do that 4 nights a week and 1 night of Kung Fu for an hour.
When I get home around 7-8pm, I have anything I can get hold of to eat.

... that's about my daily food intake.

More and more I've been looking at what is actually in foods ... but knowing what to look out for stumps me a bit.

I can't eat nuts due to possible death, and some spices give a reaction too ... and possibly bannana's irritate my skin.

Any help ? (strange one aint I)
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If your really into your weights etc, try to break up your meals, into 6 or more a day, this way it increases your metabolism. Try eating things like chicken and fish aswell, although what you take for lunch is something along the same lines that I eat. Try to stay away from take aways although the odd one doesn`t hurt. Also try to eat about five portions of fruit and veg a day, and if you don`t already try to drink water as much as possible, about two litres a day. hope this helps a little, good luck
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

stop eating rabbit food and get some real food down your neck, you cant build muscle on cereal and veg.

Protein all the way mate and as many calaries as you can
Old 05-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im by no means an expert however I've mannaged to put on a little over 2 stone in weight since November(quite chuffed at that ) by firstly viewing snack times as meal opportunitys. Then instead of having say a chicken meal on its own. Adding in a bowl soup and a hot pudding ....so effectivly adding more courses.

Last gym day, which is a fairly typical example:-

Breakfast Porridge with honey go's down a treat a couple of slices of wholemeal bread and a cuppa. From time to time I'll replace the porridge with scrambled eggs.

11ish proteen shake, fruit.

Lunch Tin of Tuna with 1/2 pepper 1/2 onion in pasta sauce with pasta.

mid afternoon workout.

following gym proteen shake, fruit.

Dinner Soup(homemade usualy veg), Chicken stir fry with veg & noodles, pudding custard & fruit....if im less hungry than a yhogurt.

After dinner and before bed time is where i tend to be most hungry.

Usualy I'll have a bag or 2 of Monster munch(better than crisps I'm told ) an apple a bag of choc chip cookies(got to spoil yourself).

a couple of hours prior to bed a proteen shake, then before bed a couple of wheetabix or toast or lately ive even been having a pasta in sauce.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Keep 'em coming ... have some replies

mackers - One of the reasons I asked about foods is to kind of plan on what to eat over 5-6 meals a day ... but I have noticed that my metabolism has changed slightly, more or less since I cut the crisps and rubbish down. I don't eat many takeaways usually, and if I do have one it doesn't become a habbit. I try to eat fruit and veg everyday, the fruit is a tad difficult as I'm allergic to some but I don't know about it till I have them. Last week or so I've started drinking more water each day ... I (on average) drink about a 1ltr a day ... most of which is taken in during the session. Now its closing on 2-3 ltrs a day.

lukeytheduke - I do look at more proteien and carb details on foods now ... does burning off 1000 calories in one session defeat the point of getting big then ?

Andy_R - Well done on the weight gain Think I've lost 2 stone in the last year or so ... just by cutting down on the rubbish. I've thought of cutting the hours I'm awake during each day into little slots and having bendy time in case I miss a slot (working as a technician is kinda hard to time things in case the phone rings). Sounds like I've shot myself in the foot with my weight. I cut down on rubbish and the amount I ate to loose weight (when it was more of what I was eating that was putting weight on), so in effect my stomach has shrunk ... therefore cannot eat as much in one go, but I could probably eat small meals throughout the day if I cut out the less often larger meals.
Breakfast sounds nice ... I'll take one please
I have thought of the shakes, but no idea what to go for
I can only get to the gym in the late afternoon/evenings
I could probably fit the soup and stir fry, or stir fry and pudding
I used to nibble before bed, but I've gradually stopped myself trying to loose weight.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:06 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Modder_J
Keep 'em coming ... have some replies

mackers - One of the reasons I asked about foods is to kind of plan on what to eat over 5-6 meals a day ... but I have noticed that my metabolism has changed slightly, more or less since I cut the crisps and rubbish down. I don't eat many takeaways usually, and if I do have one it doesn't become a habbit. I try to eat fruit and veg everyday, the fruit is a tad difficult as I'm allergic to some but I don't know about it till I have them. Last week or so I've started drinking more water each day ... I (on average) drink about a 1ltr a day ... most of which is taken in during the session. Now its closing on 2-3 ltrs a day.

lukeytheduke - I do look at more proteien and carb details on foods now ... does burning off 1000 calories in one session defeat the point of getting big then ?

Andy_R - Well done on the weight gain Think I've lost 2 stone in the last year or so ... just by cutting down on the rubbish. I've thought of cutting the hours I'm awake during each day into little slots and having bendy time in case I miss a slot (working as a technician is kinda hard to time things in case the phone rings). Sounds like I've shot myself in the foot with my weight. I cut down on rubbish and the amount I ate to loose weight (when it was more of what I was eating that was putting weight on), so in effect my stomach has shrunk ... therefore cannot eat as much in one go, but I could probably eat small meals throughout the day if I cut out the less often larger meals.
Breakfast sounds nice ... I'll take one please
I have thought of the shakes, but no idea what to go for
I can only get to the gym in the late afternoon/evenings
I could probably fit the soup and stir fry, or stir fry and pudding
I used to nibble before bed, but I've gradually stopped myself trying to loose weight.
You do not want to burn any caleries really, u should only do cardiac exersise once a week for 30mins. Increase you food intake in generall and do 45mins of weights per evening working different parts each night.

p.s its best to go to the gym just after work before dinner. The main way to get 'big' is not what you eat before but whilst your muscles are recovering. Yiou need to give your muscles quality protein throughout the day but also straight after your workout as your body aches and cries out for some help.

Hope that helps mate
Old 10-01-2007, 01:08 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

p.s eat before bed and inbetween meals, a protein shake will do. If you have a takeaway make it an XL double bacon and cheese form Burger King, about 1k calleries and a fair amount of protein. Only do this a few times a week max though!