Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Aching after gym

Search this Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 07:11 PM
MINI ME
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aching after gym

Hi people, just wondered if what my mate says is true. He says that if I don't ache a day or two after the gym, then it is doing no good, is this true? The reason i am not sure is because, i change my program every now and again. I do an upper and lower body on seperate days, but normally only ache after the first time on each program. It is not from lack of trying, as i give it my all but just don't really ache afterwards.
Old 21-12-2006, 08:26 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I find that I am the same usually, as long as when your doing the workout, you are doing the reps to failure then you are ok. Dont worry about it, just work your hardest and you`ll see the results
Old 22-12-2006, 01:30 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

everyones different when it comes to this, as everyone has different recovery rates. what happends from doing repeated routines is the muscle developes something called muscle memory, which basically allows the muscle to "remember" what it needs to do while you work it. when doing a routine for the first time the muscle will have no memory of this, which in turn damages it causing the pain/soreness during recovery this is where muscle growth accures.

muscle memory is very important for overal development as this is what gives you the strength to lift the weights you do.