Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Forearms...

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2006, 02:52 PM
dave_si
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forearms...

Since I started a couple of months ago ive mainly been working on my upper arms, only problem is its making my forearms look small and stupid

The main reason I havent been working on my forearms is because I dont really know any of any good exercises for them, so if someone could give me some tips I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Dave
Old 17-12-2006, 03:24 PM
mackers

Your forearms get worked during other workouts eg. lat pull downs you can really feel it. You can work them seperately by getting a barbell, sit down and rest it on your legs, just leave it so your wrists are overhanging, then in an under or overhand grip, pull the bar up just using your wrists, I try 15 to 20 reps. Hope I`ve explained it well enough for you to understand?
Old 17-12-2006, 09:02 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FOREARMS

I like to have nice PALMARIS LONGUS, this is best acheived using REVERSE BARBELL LIFT, with THUMBS NOT HOLDING BAR.
I do 45kg in sets of 12 x 4 lots.
I do lat pulldown 4 x 12 at 140kg, but did not find any difference to muslce region of longus if this is where you are referring.
Doing exercises for STERNOCLEODOMASTIOD muscle is very good as well, BUT HAS TO DONE CAREFULLY, unless ypu want to make freinds with wheel chairs.
tabetha
Old 20-12-2006, 07:28 PM
dave_si

Cheers