Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

protein powders

Search this Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 05:27 PM
fez87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default protein powders

hey people
just wondering how much difference protein powders actually make when using before/after the gym. went and bought some muscle and weight gain powder today but was cofused with all the different powders available. i am looking to improve on my muscle size so was wondering if the ppowder would be much help or if i should have opted for a different powder? also is it best to just take before/after gym or other times of the day such as before bed?
thanks for any help
Old 31-08-2006, 11:37 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hi mate, they make a massive difference, 90% of gaining muscle is through diet,

best times to take it, when you wake up, lunch time and straight after training as thats when your muscles gorw and hence need the powder the most
Old 16-09-2006, 02:55 PM
fast_ford_uk
PassionFord Regular

good advice, but if you have a bad diet the supplements will work crap, ther to supplement a good balanced diet, i would recomend depending on your age taking creatine about 45 - 60mins prior to workout and a decent whey/protein powder after your workout, also a few vitamins depening what your diet is like, post your diet so we can help further.
dan

also some people do not respond to creatine but ther are a few different types so dont give up straight away

i get most of my supplements from www.cheapuksupplements.co.uk as they are a respected site, safe and reasonble cheap, also its free 48 hour delivery and thers tonnes of knowledge to read through about supplements.
Old 25-09-2006, 04:21 PM
PSL
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by fast_ford_uk

i get most of my supplements from www.cheapuksupplements.co.uk as they are a respected site, safe and reasonble cheap, also its free 48 hour delivery and thers tonnes of knowledge to read through about supplements.
Wow, they are cheap. Great web-site

Thanks