Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 27-05-2006, 08:41 PM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

Right basicly i've got no real idea what im doing, just trying to put on some bulk and then tone it up, cant afford the gym at the moment as i have just moved into a new house and funds are low, i have a basic weights bench. max ammount of weight i have are 45kg's, and they are all stuck on one bar.

every night for the last few weeks i've been doing about 25-30 bench presses and about 7-8 standing lifts? dunno what they are called.. millitary presses or something, then i do 100 sit ups.. then some very lights weights to about 50 usualy then a few more benchs.

am i doing this all very wrong. i dont wanna be a muscle bound monster.

just have some build, and some decent tone.

also i usualy do some running.. no leg weights yet. need to buy some mroe weights.

please help.

cheers

chris
Old 02-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Tom`s Fiesta
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

You need more weight less reps! For toned defined muscle you should be doing 4 sets of 12 - 15 reps. on the last set drop the weight 25% and go until you reach rep failure/ fatigue. what you are doing now is for lean muscle mass and you wont look much different. Dont forget to eat right!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:20 AM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

thanks for the advice tom, i've bought some more weights and im increasing them till i cant do more than 12 rep's.

i usualy have breaky, and alot of pasta, and most the time i have a banana after a workout, anything else i should be doing?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Tom`s Fiesta
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Have a look at this thread https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197604 forget the first post! but you should be eating like this! Get some maximuscle Cyclone all in one. You Should eat your own body weight in protein. i.e I only weigh 13 stone = 182 Ibs = 182g of protein. Or for even better results eat as much protein as poss! some professionals times it by 2! Good luck!