Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

What else can I do ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else can I do ?

Hi all, I've just noticed this part of the site ... well done me

Anywho, since about Feb I've decided to stop wishing to get fit/healthy and actually do something about it.

At the moment I do Kung Fu once a week (I have thought of doing it twice a week), but I practice most of the bits I've learnt most nights.
I've started riding my bike again, I used to cycle every day but that stopped about 3 years ago ... so I'm getting back into that.
Every night I do 20 pressups, 20 situps, 20 leg raisers and hold my own weight on my right foot and right elbow, then the same for the left side.

I'm also trying to work out a diet without cutting out too much of the foods I like :P

When the temperature gets up, I'll be down the beach quite a lot going for a swim.

I've thought of maybe getting some weights to lift as I'd like to show off a x-pack and gain upper body muscle, I think the riding bike might sort out my lower body.

Any more I could squeeze in ?
Old 20-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Bumping it up.

Since the last post, I've gone all for Kung Fu and really pushing myself each lesson. Kick drills are having effects on my thighs (will put some pics up soon) and I feel sorry for the people holding the punch bags :P.

I did get some weights, and have been doing them more frequent now (almost every night). I started off with the smaller weights, and found that they werent doing a lot, so I tried the larger weights (lifting 10kg in each hand now) and found I could do the same amount. I think they're starting to take effect on my arms and shoulders. I keep doing lifts until I cant lift my arms.

I've also started to eat less 'rubbish' and cut down on the coffee, although I wasnt drinking a lot to begin with. I've also tried to replace sweet things with fruit and getting out and about more often.

I'm tempted to join the gym at work and get professional tips on what to work on, as I want to bulk up on all muscles in my arms (in particular the triceps) and get a more defined/muscular back and shoulders.

I think this post turned out to be more of a diary entry than a bump
Old 23-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Modder_J
Since the last post, I've gone all for Kung Fu and really pushing myself each lesson. Kick drills are having effects on my thighs (will put some pics up soon) and I feel sorry for the people holding the punch bags :P.
amazes me the level of fitness needed to continually kick a bag, people dont realise.......

muay thai kick drills ...

2 min rest between rounds
1 * 3 min round low leg kicks (shin to thigh)
1 * 3 min round switch low leg kicks
1 * 3 min round bandai kicks (shin to rib cage)
1 * 3 min round switch bandai kicks
1 kick every 3 secs or as fast as you can manage and not burn out straight away

absolutely crippling

easier done with someone holding the bag or a bag chained bottom side too but not essential, if done fast enough you can catch the bag on its way back which stops it dead and sets it up for the next and so on
Old 26-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Someone is usually holding the bag.

And you're right, they do kill after a couple of mins ... legs really feel worked and tired.

Not sure if the way I tried was harder, but the person holding the bag says what kick to do on a particular foot ... keeps ya thinking and active, but got to do it quick enough.