Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

wanting good results

Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Hrsturbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting good results

hi I'm just starting out weight training so please go easy with me

I have been doing a bit of free weights at home for little while now and thought I would just go for it and sort myself out, so I got some powder creatine and protein powder and am in my first week of taking them.

I am going to the gym but unsure of how often to work out as my muscles can ache for a couple of days after each workout.

Do I work out the next day when my muscles ache or wait till they have recovered, or just have a 24 hour break after a few of days workout?

Another problem is that the work I do involves lifting all the time, 15kg + all day, is this going to slow down the resting period?

I have been doing the heaviest weight I can lift for doing 8 reps each set, and doing 3 sets with each muscle group.

After a week of this I have already felt alot better and can lift more than I could before.

I am 6ft 1 and 11 stone. I am eating more aswell as I know this is important. I am one of those people who eat loads and don't put on weight so I might buy some meal bars to eat every few hours.

I just want to bulk out with muscle really, any tips? Any changes on how I should work out?

cheers
Old 17-04-2006, 12:33 PM
robs_Cal
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey buddy

Im in the same boat as you. Im 6ft, 11 stone and at 21 have been this way for a while now.

I started going to the gym about 4 weeks ago and feel an improvement already. Althought I might not look any bigger, I can certainly lift more than before and feel that my body will change within time and by following a decent diet.

I go to the gym about 5 times a week with a rest day every few days and this seems to work. Like you, I have to carry heavy goods in my day job, but this doesn't seems to affect my rest period. When at the gym, I will work solid for about 1 hour to get the best of my time there.

I know its gonna take a while, but Im determined and hope it pays off!