Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

what is it?

Old 22-02-2006, 04:35 PM
fords4fun
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is it?

yesterday at the gym i was lifting 2 dumbells at 22.5kg laying on my back in Skull Crusher (aka Lying Tricep Extension) style but bringing them down to the side of my head i got what can only be described as the feeling of an elastic band inside my arm pinging or snapping, completely painless but too off putting to carry on, I usually lift this weight but last night i did a lot more workout before i did this one and felt that it was a bit to heavy. Any way my point is i have a scar where i feel this sensation from about 2 years ago where i cut my arm on a broken window requireing 5 stitches, Is this going to be a problem? i dropped the weight down to 17.5 and it was ok and went back to 22.5 and it was ok as long as i didnt go quite so far down otherwise it did it again.
Old 22-02-2006, 10:41 PM
fords4fun

any ideas please paul?
Old 23-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Sounds quite scary
Sorry i cant help
Old 23-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Martinshuter
Regular Contributor

in my experience of pinging snapping elastic in the arms its usually a tendon or a ligament. if there is no pain i wouldnt be too woried. maybe get the physio or doc to check it out?
Old 23-02-2006, 10:22 AM
dexterc
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If theres no pain, I wouldnt worry too much. My body makes all kind of twanging, crunching, grinding type noises on my warmup sets, it doesnt bother me anymore.

If I remember correctly, the fluid in your joints (synovial fluid, I think) heats up as you warm up, and it acts on your joints like oil does in a car. As it gets warmer, it gets thinner and more liquid-esque, but until then, your joints might make funny noises.
Old 23-02-2006, 05:11 PM
fords4fun

its like a tingling sensation as if it were an pins and needles for asplit second, its fecking weird!
Old 23-02-2006, 09:07 PM
DaveMCMkIII

I dare say its related to what you have done to your arm previously. As martin said, a snapped tendon would cause you enormous pain, i would go to the docs and get it checked, best not to leave these things, they usaully come back to haunt you!
Old 25-02-2006, 01:22 PM
fords4fun

lol i did a military press to enthusiasticly and i got in in the other arm, been told its possibly just that i havent warmed up well enough and its the tendon/muscle stretching suddenly

Search this Thread