Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Tips on building muscle mass but saying fit too?

Search this Thread

Old 13-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Jordy05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on building muscle mass but saying fit too?

As above really, ive just started going to the gym again after a break of about two years and i need some advice please? im quite slim (not skinny) but with very good muscle tone because i work in construction so im active all day. i really want to get a fair bit bigger but i dont want to sacrifice my fitness. i know the best way to put on muscle is by eating a lot of protein etc, and working hard with heavy weights on fairly low reps (6-8). However i play football everyweek and with my active job i feel that im reversing all the hard work ive done in the gym. Is it possible to maintain a balance, or will i have to really cut down on the amount of cardio to see the gains from the weights? Cheers in advance for your help.
Old 13-02-2006, 11:50 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably the most important thing if your very active is to make sure your consuming more cals than your using. If you stick to that then your creating an environment for your body to grow, cardio or no cardio.
Of course consuming the RIGHT foods is important also.
Nuts are a good way to boost cals, almonds, cashews, 100% peanut butter, i add plenty of these when im on a bulk. Make sure you keep your protein high and have plenty of carbs before AND after you train if you want to add size.Good luck!