Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Some advice for a newbie please.

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2006, 05:38 PM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice for a newbie please.

Started to think about going to the gym properly. Get a decent routine going so I can but on about another 2 stone.

I'm about 6' ft but only weigh 70kg. So basically i'm a skinny fucker

Always found it hard to put weight on and don't always have the biggest appetite in the world, but do eat.

What do i need to do? What do i need to start taking?

A mate goes to the gym regularly and i'd like to start going with him.

But i feel like a twat surrounded by the beef necks

Any advice would be greatly appreciate
Old 23-01-2006, 06:24 PM
lmans123
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

you want some whey gain.some carbs.dont be shy.my friend is training with me.he is 6ft 3in at 11stone.you got to start somewhere. try here for all you need www.extrememuscle.com
Old 23-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gyms aren't that scary at all, let your mate take you along for a few sessions so you can pick up the techniques and then start out by yourself. If you mate has been going for a while and has a pretty serious routine it maybe too much for you straight away, but certainly go along. Most serious gyms seem unsociable but more often than not the serious lifters are concentrating on their workout so won't stop and chat.

And please learn rule no.1 right here and now. Never talk to anyone halfway through their set, unless spotting them and giving some encouragement.

And before you decide to throw your money at supplements make sure your normal diet is up to scratch - look at the sticky as this explains it. Alternatively you could invest in a servce I offer where I work it all out for you. There's a post about it on these pages too. Read through the sticky first and shout if you have any questions.

Good luck