Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

hamstrings

Old 29-12-2005, 08:16 PM
pumaspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hamstrings

Does anyone else find the hamstring curls and other hamstring exercises difficult...

everything else i get but these just are taking a lot longer... trainer says it is because your hamstrings are tight. is there anything that can make hamstring exercises easier??

karen
Old 30-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What exercises do you do now Karen?

The two main ones I do are stiff legged deadlifts and lying leg curls.

And if you can touch your toes I wouldn't say your hamstrings are tight

They are not a particularly well trained muscle among trainers as they are not what you would call a 'show' muscle like biceps for example so people find they are weaker on them than other bodyparts.

Although I do try and train hams just as hard as i do everything else, I do end up leaving them out sometimes. Therefore I currently do them first in my leg routine to make sure they get maximum focus.

If you are stuggling, the best thing to do is set a benchmark now and each week try and improve on the either the weight or the number of reps. Everyone is different and each person has a weak bodypart, you may not actually be weak on hams, it may just be that compared to everyting else you are not seeing the same results. If this is the case, don';t worry and join the rest of the club . No two bodyparts respond the same way.

Let me know what you are doing now too as that will help.

Thanks for posting as that has prompted another topic

Paul.
Old 30-12-2005, 09:24 PM
pumaspeed

Default hamstrings

thanks Paul

one of the hamstring exercises is a standing curl... where you push the weight behind you to reach knee level... hope that makes sense, do not know the name for all these yet.

other one is sitting down and reversing curl... again difficult i find.
quite frustrating as i can lift quite a weight for my build and find other exercises challenging but not difficult.
I also find that when i do these exercises that behind the knee it cracks and twangs... but apprently that is normal... is it?
Just touched my toes and yes that is not difficult but there is a aching feeling.

i Suppose i will get there eventually but i am also very impatient and love to see results instantly...

karen