Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

eating raw eggs??

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2005, 08:06 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eating raw eggs??

whats your views on it? pro's and con's?

Old 15-11-2005, 08:55 PM
yoshi

I wouldn't advise raw whole eggs, could make you ill.

I used to drink 6 egg whites blended with 1/2 pint of milk - like swallow a pint of spit. But it worked, it was cheap and boosted my protein levels.

Unfortunately, I got food poisoning eventually (no surprise) and was very very ill, lost a load of weight also. After that I had to lay off the raw egg thing permanently.

Now I use protein drinks only.
Old 16-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As above, when I first started out, my protein/weight gain drinks were home made in a liquidiser using egg whites, ice cream, banana's and anything else I could cram in.

I was never ill though. If you can afford a protein powder use these. Its easier and tastes better(well some do )
Old 16-11-2005, 07:04 AM
yoshi

The salmonela sits in the shells, so always wash your hands thoroughly after handling eggs.

Also, I cracked them off the edge of my glass - I think that's a quick way to get the bacteria from the shell into your glass...then into you.
Old 16-11-2005, 05:44 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have been doing the same as paul but putting the whole raw egg into a shake. read a bit more about it (ie. the shells, free range/battery eggs) so took a bit more care with them. now due to bird flu i've stopped altogether.

so no-one else thinks its a good idea? i put a lot of weight on when taking these shakes every day. now my weight is more stable. not sure if its co-incidence or not.

didnt glen ross used to take 6 raw eggs out of a mixing jug after his breakfast? do any other pro's take them or opt for the protein shake route?
Old 16-11-2005, 06:00 PM
yoshi

Most Pros endorse protein shakes to help their sponsors. But if you read closely their pre-contest diet, they cut out protein shakes altogether where possible. I don't think anyone eats raw eggs anymore!

Protein shakes are for convenience, or when you can't physically eat anymore and need more protein. I also found GREAT results from using ready-to-drink protein straight after a workout. I hardened up more, and recovered better - it made a bigger difference than HMB or tribulus supplements as comparison. A ready mix protein drink + creatine are the best two supplements out there. I like zinc tablets too.

Protein sources should be varied - as an example today I've had ready mix protein drink, chicken, sirloin steak, protein bar and eggs. I'll probably neck a protein drink with milk later.
Old 17-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mattbibs
i have been doing the same as Paul but putting the whole raw egg into a shake. read a bit more about it (ie. the shells, free range/battery eggs) so took a bit more care with them. now due to bird flu i've stopped altogether.

so no-one else thinks its a good idea? i put a lot of weight on when taking these shakes every day. now my weight is more stable. not sure if its co-incidence or not.

didnt glen ross used to take 6 raw eggs out of a mixing jug after his breakfast? do any other pro's take them or opt for the protein shake route?
Matt - Glen Ross is the last person I would take diet advice from
Old 17-11-2005, 07:11 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah i know but did you see him when he was a bodybuilder?!

cheers for the advice yoshi! think i'll invest in some proper shakes soon!