Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Bit of advice please

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2012, 02:54 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bit of advice please

Right basically joined the gym 4 months ago to try and loose some weight and bulk up abit for my up and comming holiday in september and also just need to get in better shaper as ive pilled the weight on the last few years, anyways i tryto go everyday when i can but at a minimum its 3 times a week i do 30-40 mins cardio followed by a hour or 2 of free weights or the machines if its too busy im lifting more now but apart from that i dont really see any change! a few people have commented but i cant see any major change i need a proper workout plan to follow to loose weight and bulk up please?
Old 17-06-2012, 08:51 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Anyone?
Old 18-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
Anyone?
for starters you doing far too much,you need to set yourself a workout plan,45 mins to an hour is ample,in that time you can do everything you need correctly
personally I would do a splt routine
monday weights 2 body parts
tuesday cardio
wed weights 2 body parts
thurs rest
friday cardio
sat weights doing legs
sun rest
by the way you cant bulk up and loose weight at the same time

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 18-06-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 18-06-2012, 06:55 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Yeah I spoke to one of the people who work at the gym they said the same thing I'm resting today then doing shoulders/arms tomorow then cardio day after for a hour I'm eating properly aswell so hopefully will start to see some progress my aim is to just loose my belly and get my arms bigger
Old 18-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
Yeah I spoke to one of the people who work at the gym they said the same thing I'm resting today then doing shoulders/arms tomorow then cardio day after for a hour I'm eating properly aswell so hopefully will start to see some progress my aim is to just loose my belly and get my arms bigger
everyone wants big arms mate,but you will look silly with small legs so dont forget them,by working legs you release more growth hormone and natural testrosterone
Old 18-06-2012, 07:39 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

I'm a granite fitter so I'm lifting that alday also which I presume can only help lol I'm going to stick to what's been said for a few weeks and see what happens cheers
Old 19-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does your weights routine look like? What you doing, circuits or specific bodyparts? rep ranges etc?

Can you do cardio in the morning before breakfast? 30 mins 3/4 times pw is ample.

You can bulk and lose fat at the same time (recomp) but its a damn site harder and not suitable for most hobbybuilders. Alot wopuld argue that ist also slower to do both together.

With all the above said I would seriously be looking at diet as a priority. With what you are/were doing you still should have been dropping the fat, or changing atleast. If you are doing more exercise per week than before with no change then your diet is poor. Simple as. You're consuming too much so your body is fighting a losing battle.
Old 19-06-2012, 09:24 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Well today I had a bowl or fruit and fibre for breaky and cup of coffee, lunch was a orange, muller rice yoghurt and. A chicken sandwich in brown bread and for tea chicken curry and brown rice?
Old 20-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Kieron

Far too little protein to allow any sort of muscle growth. However, you should be seeing significant fat losses if you are only eating that whilst doing a manual job and training all the times you say you are.

If no changes are being made then I would argue that the above is not the whole story? It's not what you are eating everyday consistently, or there are things added in that you are not finding imprtant. Fizzy Drink, alcohol, sweets, sugar in cups of coffee, biscuits etc etc..

4 months on that little with all the exercise you are doing doesn't ring true to me. My 4 year old eats that in a day. lol
Old 20-06-2012, 09:00 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Today was fruit and fibre and cup of coffee (1sugar) then an orange mid morning then dinner was clicked sandwich again yoghurt cereal bar then another orange afternoon then for tea was a turkey steak new potatoes salad and coleslaw
Old 20-06-2012, 09:00 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

That really is all I eat I do feel hungry at times but thinks its all in my mind as I used to eat shed loads lol
Old 21-06-2012, 11:05 AM
TANGO_FSI
fiesta whore

As said your not eating enough mate and you need a hell of a lot more protein if you want to see any kind of muscle growth!!
Old 21-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Kieron

Try having a cheat meal/window. Say for 4 hours this weekend, eat what you want. Get plenty of carbs in. Then go back to what you are doing now. Maybe your metabolism has shut down as you aren't eating anywhere near enough.