Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

anyone train 1 body part twice per week

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone train 1 body part twice per week

as above Iam thinkinf of do ing legs seeing there the biggest muscles in the body and working them burns the most calories

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-04-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I train arms twice a week as I struggle to get them to grow.this seems to be working.i have trained legs twice per week when I used to do push,pull legs routine.personally I didn't like it as if you do legs properly then I'm sore for days and the next session was always half arsed.if your looking to burn calories I'd just do some extra cardio.no harm in trying it tho if you want.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also train my arms twice a week

triceps with chest
biceps with back

and again at the end of the week bi's and tri's together

as said if your training legs hard enough you wont need to do them twice
as they will need longer to recover being a big muscle group
Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stevenebm
I train arms twice a week as I struggle to get them to grow.this seems to be working.i have trained legs twice per week when I used to do push,pull legs routine.personally I didn't like it as if you do legs properly then I'm sore for days and the next session was always half arsed.if your looking to burn calories I'd just do some extra cardio.no harm in trying it tho if you want.
I used to train my arms twice a week too as I was strugling to get bigger than 16.5 inch,I changed my training around to
bis and tris Mon
legs and calves Tues
Wed off
chest and shoulder Thurs
Back and traps Frid

doing it this way I feel Iam resting certain body parts quite well and say id iam really tired so Thursday I can have a day off and train Frid and Sat instead
I feel like dropping in an extra leg session in on Friday as having Wednesday off I feel fully rested.my thoughts are train legs again as it really gives you an all over workout and then the weekend off to recover
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Theres no harm in trying for a month or so and see how you get on.what i used to do was go balls out with my first leg workout and then on the Friday do higher reps and really burn them out.like 20 reps at 80kg etc an then same again on the leg extensions etc.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stevenebm
Theres no harm in trying for a month or so and see how you get on.what i used to do was go balls out with my first leg workout and then on the Friday do higher reps and really burn them out.like 20 reps at 80kg etc an then same again on the leg extensions etc.
thats exactly what I was thinking,I do adjust my routine every month or so anyway,thanks for the input