Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

best supplement for gf to help lose weight

Old 17-06-2009, 10:36 PM
bstuff
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best supplement for gf to help lose weight

my gal is got a bit curvy recently now size 12 and shes gettin upset shes doin alot cv and her diets good with only odd cheat meal. whats the best weight loss product out there, she wants to lose weight and drop dress size and tone up stomach etc just like all gals. what would you suggest alot of people talk about ephedrine?
Old 21-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Hank Moody
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by bstuff
my gal is got a bit curvy recently now size 12 and shes gettin upset shes doin alot cv and her diets good with only odd cheat meal. whats the best weight loss product out there, she wants to lose weight and drop dress size and tone up stomach etc just like all gals. what would you suggest alot of people talk about ephedrine?
dont ever take ephedrine, and any airhead that comes on here and says oh ephedrine is fine totake for weight training or weight loss is full of it

you can get these fibre tablets on the web that you take 15 mins before a meal and they swell up making you feel less hungry and not stuff your face during dinner, along with good exercise and situps she will be fine

Last edited by Hank Moody; 21-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 24-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

get her to Slimming World, dont even get into the trap of weightloss pills, or drugs.

Size 12 isnt exactly big, so id imagine she hasnt got a great deal to lose.

Ive had members join my group who were around 10.5st ish and lost about a stone in 6-7 weeks some are a lot faster, depends really

Sarah
Old 24-06-2009, 01:27 PM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Irishshooter
dont ever take ephedrine, and any airhead that comes on here and says oh ephedrine is fine totake for weight training or weight loss is full of it

you can get these fibre tablets on the web that you take 15 mins before a meal and they swell up making you feel less hungry and not stuff your face during dinner, along with good exercise and situps she will be fine

Do you mind explaining why its not ok to take?
Old 24-06-2009, 02:04 PM
GooseRST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Plently of sex and bike rides should do it.
Old 24-06-2009, 02:54 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
Do you mind explaining why its not ok to take?
Im not even explaining the benefits or arguing over this with this guy as he is obv the 'airhead' as he calls us!!
Old 24-06-2009, 03:12 PM
vroomtshh

Originally Posted by snedboy
Im not even explaining the benefits or arguing over this with this guy as he is obv the 'airhead' as he calls us!!
I'll wait his carefully researched, intelligent answer
Old 25-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Hank Moody

I work in healthcare, I see weight obsessed people everyday whether its slimming shakes or prescription drugs taken for use other than what they are prescribed for. Id be clearly wasting my time explaining myself here by the last two comments because seemingly nowadays pharma degrees are attained in the changing rooms of gyms

there are no benefits in taking a drug for other than its intended use and even those arent always good for you

google it you'll find all you need to know on the internet
Old 25-06-2009, 02:10 PM
vroomtshh

I work in healthcare, I see weight obsessed people everyday whether its slimming shakes or prescription drugs taken for use other than what they are prescribed for. Id be clearly wasting my time explaining myself here by the last two comments because seemingly nowadays pharma degrees are attained in the changing rooms of gyms

there are no benefits in taking a drug for other than its intended use and even those arent always good for you

google it you'll find all you need to know on the internet
So you have a pharmaceutical degree then? Or your a porter at a hospital? Coz IMO it makes a big difference to whether your valid or not.

I dont need to google Ephedrine to know what it does or its advantages/disavantages.

I dont take it as the disadvantages for me outweight the advantages, but I know for 90% of people, thats not true.

So how can you come on and just tell people it wont work, without anythign to back it up?

If you do a search on this site, you'll see plenty of posts where I've given real life experience on ephedrine, and on losing weight. Not just my (unfounded) opinion!
Old 25-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Hank Moody

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
So you have a pharmaceutical degree then? Or your a porter at a hospital? Coz IMO it makes a big difference to whether your valid or not.

I dont need to google Ephedrine to know what it does or its advantages/disavantages.

I dont take it as the disadvantages for me outweight the advantages, but I know for 90% of people, thats not true.

So how can you come on and just tell people it wont work, without anythign to back it up?

If you do a search on this site, you'll see plenty of posts where I've given real life experience on ephedrine, and on losing weight. Not just my (unfounded) opinion!
lol @ hospital porter

will you show me where i said it doesnt work? My emphasis is on the safety of it, or were you too busy wanting to be right to realise this?

If it is so safe then you could buy it across a pharmacy counter couldnt you....

I never once said it didnt make you lose weight either, ecstasy makes you lose weight, so does cocaine...

Well seing as your the 'real life expert' will you hold yourself responsible if you advise that guys wife to take ephedrine and she ends up having a stroke?, will you post a link to a thread that says it worked great for this guy and then it will be ok?

Its a banned substance for a reason..

and its not an unfounded opinion, its fact.

Last edited by Hank Moody; 25-06-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 25-06-2009, 06:15 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Its a banned substance for a reason..
No its not.It iseant on the banned substance list so therefor is not banned.Also since your wealth of knowledge is so great can you please tell us why its in ashma inhalors? If it waseant for Ephedrine asmha sufferers wouldnt be able to breath when they took a fit

Get your facts right then come back with a conclusive answer why its not a good thing to use to loose weight!!
Old 25-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Hank Moody

No its not.It iseant on the banned substance list so therefor is not banned.Also since your wealth of knowledge is so great can you please tell us why its in ashma inhalors? If it waseant for Ephedrine asmha sufferers wouldnt be able to breath when they took a fit

Get your facts right then come back with a conclusive answer why its not a good thing to use to loose weight!!
its banned in the rep of ireland.... so i did get my facts right

In the UK ephedrine is Schedule VI, which is prescription only, but is legal to possess (i.e. gps dont prescribe it for weight loss purposes). Your also missing my point again, and you should really take your time reading my posts as i do yours. I never once said Ephedrine wasnt in any other form of medicine, I stated that it is harmful to use drugs for a purpose not of which they are intended to be used. Asthma sufferers use inhalers as a preventative or in a relief application, while they are using a compound that has side effects the risk is outweighed by the benefits gained...

you should really do a spell check before you post, it looks really bad when your trying to construct an argument

one of many articles worldwide

Ephedrine, the active ingredient found in popular diet pills, over-the-counter allergy medications, herbal energy boosters, sport drinks and herbal asthma remedies, has been linked with serious side effects and injuries including stroke, heart attack and death. Originating from the Ephedra plant, ephedrine has been advertised as a time-tested Chinese herb (ma huang) that will relieve asthma and allergy symptoms as well as enhance athletic performance and weight loss. More recently, the ma huang/ephedrine herb has been identified as a dangerous ingredient in many well-known household medications.

Ephedra has been used by millions of American consumers for decades with no knowledge of its serious side effects. As an over the counter herbal supplement, ephedrine is not regulated by the FDA. However, over the past six years, the FDA has made recommendations to consumers that the maximum daily dosage of ephedrine not exceed 24 milligrams, that ephedrine not be consumed for more than one week, and that ephedrine supplements contain less than 8 milligrams per serving.

To date, the FDA has reported over 100 deaths and over 1000 serious side effects linked to Ephedra. Ephedrine has been frequently linked to episodes of anxiety, fever, vomiting, sleeplessness, migraines, memory loss, muscle injury, and high blood pressure. More seriousEphedra side effects include seizures, paranoid psychosis, convulsions, comas, heart arrhythmias heart attacks, intracranial bleeding, kidney disease, strokes and death.

The following symptoms and side effects have been associated with ephedra use:

insomnia
dry mouth
nervousness
general weakness
poor digestion
irritability
headache
dizziness
Additionally, these more serious side effects have been linked to ephedra use:

anxiety
fever
vomiting
memory loss
high blood pressure.
seizures
paranoid psychosis
comas
heart arrhythmias heart attacks
intracranial bleeding
kidney disease
strokes
death

Last edited by Hank Moody; 25-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A mate of mine has a dicky heart due to taking eph, but he was taking 33 a day lol
Old 25-06-2009, 09:56 PM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Mate, I dont really post on here anymore but weight loss is all about these key things, and this is coming from someone who coaches daily athletes and trains hard himself:

- High intensity interval training (running being best, boxing and cycling second, you burn way way more calories using this method during the hours and days following your session in comparison to traditional, boring, steady state cv)

- Periodised strength training (anyone who still think proper strength training makes women muscular is living the ice age. It aids fat loss, corrects postural problems, increases athleticsm, reduces risk of osteoporosis and can be used as a high intensity interval training method)

- Sound nutrition (keeping a nutition diary of daily calorie intake and expenditure)

Do the above correctly, you cannot go wrong, fact
Old 26-06-2009, 01:18 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

its banned in the rep of ireland.... so i did get my facts right

In the UK ephedrine is Schedule VI, which is prescription only, but is legal to possess (i.e. gps dont prescribe it for weight loss purposes). Your also missing my point again, and you should really take your time reading my posts as i do yours. I never once said Ephedrine wasnt in any other form of medicine, I stated that it is harmful to use drugs for a purpose not of which they are intended to be used. Asthma sufferers use inhalers as a preventative or in a relief application, while they are using a compound that has side effects the risk is outweighed by the benefits gained...

you should really do a spell check before you post, it looks really bad when your trying to construct an argument

one of many articles worldwide

Ephedrine, the active ingredient found in popular diet pills, over-the-counter allergy medications, herbal energy boosters, sport drinks and herbal asthma remedies, has been linked with serious side effects and injuries including stroke, heart attack and death. Originating from the Ephedra plant, ephedrine has been advertised as a time-tested Chinese herb (ma huang) that will relieve asthma and allergy symptoms as well as enhance athletic performance and weight loss. More recently, the ma huang/ephedrine herb has been identified as a dangerous ingredient in many well-known household medications.

Ephedra has been used by millions of American consumers for decades with no knowledge of its serious side effects. As an over the counter herbal supplement, ephedrine is not regulated by the FDA. However, over the past six years, the FDA has made recommendations to consumers that the maximum daily dosage of ephedrine not exceed 24 milligrams, that ephedrine not be consumed for more than one week, and that ephedrine supplements contain less than 8 milligrams per serving.

To date, the FDA has reported over 100 deaths and over 1000 serious side effects linked to Ephedra. Ephedrine has been frequently linked to episodes of anxiety, fever, vomiting, sleeplessness, migraines, memory loss, muscle injury, and high blood pressure. More seriousEphedra side effects include seizures, paranoid psychosis, convulsions, comas, heart arrhythmias heart attacks, intracranial bleeding, kidney disease, strokes and death.

The following symptoms and side effects have been associated with ephedra use:

insomnia
dry mouth
nervousness
general weakness
poor digestion
irritability
headache
dizziness
Additionally, these more serious side effects have been linked to ephedra use:

anxiety
fever
vomiting
memory loss
high blood pressure.
seizures
paranoid psychosis
comas
heart arrhythmias heart attacks
intracranial bleeding
kidney disease
strokes
death
Not gonna argue over this or anything just aint worth it but what i will say is look at leaflet that comes with ANY tabs bought over the counter and all the side effects you have mentioned are on those lists and ALOT more dependant on what you get

I know alot of people who have used Eph effectivly and im not talking 10/20 people here im talking into the hundreds thats not including the people online in forums etc.yes some people dont get on well with it but same can be said with any medication and yes i know its not exactly medication were talking about but its the only thing i can compare to,or can compare to recreational drugs as you previously have stated some people dont get on with E's but are fine with coke etc etc etc

I think we should agree to disagree here as were not going to get anywhere here and were also ruining te OP's post and im only giving him advise on what he actually asked for not demeaning other people etc as you did in your first post
Old 26-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Kieron

Interesting post.

I for one am interested in listening to both sides of an informative arguement, not blinkered bitching though please boys. Lets keep it factual, not personal.

Mr Shooter, I'm afraid you will find alot of us weightlifters rather defensive because of bad press and stereotyping. I expect we will continue to use these legal & illegal drugs regardless of the side effects buts its nice to know of them so you can make your own mind up hey. Out of interest has there been any formal studies on the side effects? I have read the above you posted but its hard to determine the risks when we don't know how many are taking it. Its ok to say linked to 100 deaths but I expect choking on food for example is linked to more. It would be good to know exactly how dangerous it is but I guess thats hard to tell as it will be dependant on lots of criteria?

As for anyone jumping on the defensive (on here in in your head), lets listen to the mans case/arguement. You can still ignore it but lets not shoot him down for having a different opinion. I do think some of us are too eager to write prescriptions out when there are other ways and in reality we are not qualified in the medical profession. You wouldn't take your car to be mapped by a driving instructor.
Old 26-06-2009, 12:59 PM
vroomtshh

Originally Posted by Kieron
As for anyone jumping on the defensive (on here in in your head), lets listen to the mans case/arguement. You can still ignore it but lets not shoot him down for having a different opinion. I do think some of us are too eager to write prescriptions out when there are other ways and in reality we are not qualified in the medical profession. You wouldn't take your car to be mapped by a driving instructor.

I fully agree with that. I have never once recommended that anyone take any substances in any post, ever. My problem was the fact that anyone who lifts weights was an airhead and would automatically say that taking Eph was ok.

And the guy cam e back with a reasonable argument, rather than his initial post, so I'm happy. I just felt that his initial post was wrong.

There are risks with everything we do in life. For some people, the benefits outweigh the risks.

To the original question, theres only one way to properly lose weight, less food in, more exercise out
Old 26-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Kieron

Just to make it clearer I wasn't really commenting on anyone in particulars reaction, just generalising. Everyone on the thread so far has valid points. I'm just trying to be open minded and not knocking anyone personally. I'm sure you know that anyhow.
Old 26-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

A tapeworm...
Old 27-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Go for a run and stop eating chocolate.

Best weight loss advice for any woman
Old 29-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Hank Moody

Apologies to anyone I offended if I got personal, it was not intended,although I did not give a direct correlation that weight lifters were airheads! I do in fact myself lift weights but would only use supplements like protein shakes etc

My op was a tad emotional as a friend of mine has a lump on his liver the size of a golf ball from taking ephedrine and clenbuterol and now hes going to sepnd the next few months having biopsies etc and he is pretty much fucked either vomiting blood or passing out if he stands up quickly, hes only 21 aswell so im pretty mad about it.

Will post conclusive studies etc if i get a chance to dig them out at a later stage
Old 30-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Kieron

You see, the story about your friend (sorry to hear of that BTW, I wish him all the best) interests me. I have had similar experiences personally. Could be related, might not be but I developed a tumor on the carotid artery in my neck after taking my first coarse of gear. Like I say most users will say it has nothing to do with juice but who knows??

Fast forward a few years later and my wife and I were told we would never have kids as I was popping blanks. I mentioned to my doctor that I was using gear and he said it would have no effect on my spern production at all but referred me to a hormone specialist. Mine were all over the place, I stopped the gear and after about 18 months I was chucking out swimmers. Whilst using I had a minus score on testosterone . We now have a beautiful son and despite the journey I would still use gear in the future.

From personal experience I understand the risks are real but others will use without any side effects. thats why I would love to see some case studies.
Old 30-06-2009, 09:43 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Got a tub of Thermobol tabs if she needs them...... they help loose weight without the side effects of Eph & Clen's. They are also 100% legal!

Can do a tub for Ł16.50 and will include first class recorded delivery with that (half the price of what shops charge for the tub alone!)

Digi-cam is not working at mo' so pinched a pic off net.........

Old 21-07-2009, 03:40 AM
farkkraf
Virgin

j

Last edited by farkkraf; 21-07-2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: new thread