Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Stretch marks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Leonrefresh
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stretch marks?

Just noticed tonight that on my stomach I've got a few stretch marks...well I think thats what it is...

They run up and down the way and look as if they are a bit deeper than the skin surface, they aren't different coloured or anything.

I've recently went from 17.5 stone down to 15 (since feb), been really hammering the training and am concerned that maybe I'm going too fast for my skin to stay tight? Is this possible? My whole body has started to come into shape before my spare tyre/lovehandles and thats just startng to shift. My target is about 14 stone.

Bought some cocoa butter to fire onto them to see if this makes a difference. Has anyone else had anything like this when changing their body shape?

I put on a bit of weight prior to losing it all through being laid up for 2 months after an operation.

Going to be pretty frustrating if I get myself down where I want to be but have loadsa marks.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Common mate.

If they are a silver deep looking line then thats stretch marks. In the end that will go to a narrow looking white.

To be honest there is not much you can do, although with the Cocoa butter may be of help.

Lazer surgey can be carried out, but at a cost........... unless you can convince your Dr that they are making you feel so bad that you dont want to go out, cant meet people just incase they were to see them..... lay it on thick and you may get it done through the NHS! A friend of mine had a boob job through the NHS, her excuse, well it was very bad, she said she felt she could not carry on with life as she felt so low..... but she got them done!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Leonrefresh
Virgin

I'll just need to live with them then I reckon!

The only reason I noticed them was I was looking in the mirror and had a lamp right next to me at that height, you can't really notice them in normal light...Should they get any worse I will just need to cultivate my hairy belly!!! lol
Old 10-06-2009, 04:44 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

They wont get any worse mate, not unless you gain silly amounts of weight then loose it again!! I have some around the upper bicep and outer chest, got them when taking gear. They started off a horrible silver colour now they can hardly be noticed and I have dropped a lot of weight.

Hairy belly = not good...... it must be shaved or waxed, body hair on Men has to be removed!!

Keep up with the training mate, you are doing really well to drop that amount
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You offering a waxing service god? Need my arse doing too.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by OldDan
PMSL.
Old 13-06-2009, 08:20 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by OldDan

If you can take the pain bud i'm there with my strips to remove the starfish hair........no more cling-on's to ever worry about with a minty fresh bum!
Old 14-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by godzilla
If you can take the pain bud i'm there with my strips to remove the starfish hair........no more cling-on's to ever worry about with a minty fresh bum!
Chafing is bad!!