Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Help Me Help The Missus, Please

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Marts
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Help The Missus, Please

My missus has over the last month or so began to feel more inferior of her body and weight. By the looks of it, its really starting to get her down. On a good note tho, she is willing now to do something about it.

I have helped her out so far with getting her an exercise bike and rowing machine and maybe gonna get her one of those walk/stepper machines.

At the moment (and hope she doesnt hate me for this) weighs just over 11st. She has given birth to 3 lovely children also, and said that this is what has caused her gains over the years.

Main areas of concern are belly, thighs, bottom, and her arms (bingo wings, is it?).

Are there any helpful tips you could suggest to help her out i.e Dieting and correct use of equipment/exercise (lengths of time etc)

I personally think she is mint as she is, but she disagrees. I dont like seeing her in her down state, so any help would really be appreciated, thanks.
Old 23-04-2009, 12:23 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Just tell her to start on bike at moment for 20 mins and work up to 1 hr each day.She needs to stay away from high fatty foods and carbs aswell and stick to fresh fruit,veg,meat etc each day.Her first month will see not a great deal of improvement unless her fitness levels are reseanobly ok at moment then she can start at 40mins per day and she will see good results within first month.Once the easy fat starts to shift its then a diferent note to shift the stubborn fatty areas but this can be addressed in a few months within this post if wanted

Also tell her to do cardio i.e bike first thing in morning before breakfast time as thats when the body will burn fat better aswell as you have depleted carbs etc whilst sleeping so the body has to then burn the fat to get energy.Also tell her to drink plenty water each day as this alone can make her feel healthier
Old 23-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Marts

Thanks for that Snedboy.

She's only been doing things for a few days now, but has changed her lunchtime snack to a fruit salad and does drink water throughout her day. Dinner normally always consists of salad and pasta and maybe chicken (oven cooked, not fried. We dont fry anything!). She also does 30 mins on the bike a night (after work) - although is complaining now of aching hips!

I have told her to not expect much instantly. Ya know what its like - she wants it to drop off overnight! So if you say she'll start seeing something worthwhile in a month or so, that will give me something better to go on, so thanks or that.

She has full fat milk in coffee too, so i have mentioned to her changing the milk, but she's not too happy about that as she has had that all her life and says it doesnt make a difference. My guess is that it isnt helping matters

I'll pass this info on when she gets back tonight. Thankyou
Old 23-04-2009, 04:53 PM
dp1958
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

think if shes only 11 stone,theres still time to catch it. its imperative not to gain anymore as the job becomes increasingly more difficult the bigger someone gets but she really must want to do it and as said before takes time....
Old 23-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Marts

She's no the type of person to continue with something normally, but she aint gonna have much of a chance to quit with this cos I aint gonna let her

She's read over what Snedboy advised and is thankful.

She will keep at it... she wouldnt let me spend all this money if she wasnt serious. And yea, ya right, Im sure at the weight she is, it wont be as hard to shift what she wants shifting. Thanks
Old 27-04-2009, 06:44 AM
supersiamsports

Cytomix T3/T4 or Clen...

But if she doesn't want to go that route there are a couple of things that might help that you may not have thought about.

Spirulina. Ok, it's just lots of protein, but taking 6 500mg tablets plus per day will help her lose weight. It's worked for my wife.

Guarana. Now this is just caffeine, stronger even than coffee. You don't want to overdo it, but a couple of grams of this before exercising works a treat. You burn more calories during your workout, plus it helps in the hours after when you eat.

These two things above can help her make the most of her exercise and diet.

Last edited by supersiamsports; 27-04-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

i personally think that no woman should be resorting to drugs to get weigh off, and at 11st she isnt going to be huuuuge.

Slimming world is great, you can lose weight healthily and without feeling deprived. Heres a link to my group, so you can find out a bit about it

www.slimmingworld.com/slimwithsarahdickenson
Old 09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Marts

Thanks Sarah. She joined Slimming World a week and a half ago actually. After her first week she got weighed and had lost 5.5lb from when she started there Purely down to eating the right foods at the right time of day!

She is continuing with the exercising too, so all being well, she will reach her goal successfully. Slimming World certainly has helped to boost her and point her in the right direction.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Marts
Thanks Sarah. She joined Slimming World a week and a half ago actually. After her first week she got weighed and had lost 5.5lb from when she started there Purely down to eating the right foods at the right time of day!

She is continuing with the exercising too, so all being well, she will reach her goal successfully. Slimming World certainly has helped to boost her and point her in the right direction.

Absolutely fantastic, i hope she is enjoying it. Im so passionate about it
Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Marts

She is now. She was nervous abut getting weighed on her first proper weigh-in, but considering she has done so well she has had a massive confidence boost to continue in the right direction. Im proud of her anyhow
Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Marts
She is now. She was nervous abut getting weighed on her first proper weigh-in, but considering she has done so well she has had a massive confidence boost to continue in the right direction. Im proud of her anyhow
Awesome, how far does she want to go to get to target?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Marts

Im sure she mentioned something about 9.5st, something like that. But atleast shes doing it the right way, rather than starving herself or whatever. Im with her all the way on this as I know she can do it.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Thats the beauty of slimming world, its something you could easily follow for the rest of your life, unlike most other eating plans where you would get fed up counting points, or being deprived.