Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Cardio/Weights

Search this Thread

Old 16-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cardio/Weights

What do people do for Cardio?

I just want to know as i can no longer run as i am pretty much fooked so anything medium/high impact is out of the question.

Running used to keep my weight very low, i have put on alot of weight as i had to stop the running, 14.5st to 18.5st. Swimming aint easy as dont have very easy access to a pool.

My diet isnt the best but no different from what it used to be, food in the mess is pretty fatty so that dont help. I dont want to get down to 15st again as i am a total different build, i would like to get down to 16.5st ish though.

Weights:

I have also put on alot more leg muscle to try and help take the stress off my knee, this has been put on from doing weights. I can leg press about 130/140kg on each leg, that is a max lift and generally just do more reps at less weight.

I have also got alot more muscle on shoulders and arms, but this isnt from doing any weights, I have put this on from just general everyday work and working on wagons and having to lift stuff all day.

I generally prefer machine based weights as i am not totally sure on techique and dont dont want to fook myself up anymore than i already am.

Any advice would be welcome tbh. Sorry for the long winded post, I just thought it was best to give people an idea of what I can do and what I would like to achive.