Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

finally getting back in the gym!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally getting back in the gym!

im now 37 and for years have found every excuse under the sun not to train.

when i was 13 i was a very fast runner and between then and being 16 i was always running/training(played rugby too).representing both county and country(100m)
when i reached 17 i found cars and began to drive everywhere,spending every minute i could in cars.
stopped playing rugby and running when about 18.
i was also into weight training from the age of 15 and carried on training until i was about 20/21.
at 21 i was a big lad,about 16st but carried it well.

since then i have been on and off training-defo more off than on,ill have bursts of 3 months then miss out for 2 years!
over the years i have put on a bit more weight,but have always been around 18/19 stone-its never ballooned to above that,prob because im always active in one way or another.im currently 19st2.

my new mrs of the last 5 years has really put me to shame over the last 3 years and has lost a great deal of weight,which has made me realise i cannot go on forever like this.i have a 3year old and want to be around for her and be able to run around with her

there is a leisure centre literally 100 yds from my house so i really have no excuse so i have joined there about 3 weeks ago.

im currently going 3/4 times a week for an hour at a time.i just want to get a little fitter and shape up-i used to train with mega-weights when i was young but dont want to be doing that again.

i tend to do 20 mins on the bike,then basically do a couple of excercises per bodypart,chest,back,bi's,tri's,shoulders,legs.then a few sit ups.
as already said i dont train heavy at mo,just enough weight for it to feel like im doing something.
i kick myself for letting myself go as im sure i was never meant to be this shape i am!

hopefully this is the beginning of a new me