Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Relaxed muscle to pumped muscle size

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relaxed muscle to pumped muscle size

Rather than start a thread as a reply to "Arm sizes" ... I thought I'd start a brand spanking new thread.

This is probably a "how long is a piece of string" question ... but hurts no-one in asking, or does it ?

After 'beasting' the arms, I notice that they are a lot bigger than when I wake up in the morning obvisously 'cos doing weights is actually using the muscles.

I was wondering if there is a average timescale (or something like that) for when your arms (say when you get up) are the same size as when they are pumped from several weeks before (or whatever the timescale is) ? (hope that makes sense)
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

in all honesty arm sizes don't really count for beans, as a guy thats really tall with 20" arms will look smaller then a shorter guy with the same size arms. also a fat coooonts gunna have massive arms anyway lol

during and after a workout will be one of your peak rate for muscle size due to it filling with blood, although this doesn't usually last for very long. the muscle will feel tight once your heart rate drops to a normal pace and the muscle will go down.

the muscle is usually at its biggest after your rest period due to muscle growth although during this time stretching and massaging can be key to encourage groth.

its a bit of a missunderstand that as your lifting weights your pumping up the muscle like a balloon as thats just not the case.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

sounds like a good number though doesnt it :P

Am I right in thinking that after resting, thats the biggest the muscles will get ? (I know you've said that ... I just want to make it clear)
Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 AM
FastFordChris

it is and it isn't lol after resting the muscle is potentually at its biggest. but this will be your biggest "real" size as you don't walk round all day pumpin up lol

the thing is though theres never really very much difference in size anyway, its not like you turn into the hulk or anything lol

personally i would keep tabs every say, 3 months on your measurements otherwise you'll only be dissapointed if your checking every week due to the rate of growth.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Modder_J
Regular Contributor

How early !?

[blonde]So, how do body builders manage to bulk up so much? I think I'm missing something thats already been said[/blone]

:P

Seriously ... do you not have anything to do today ?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:21 PM
FastFordChris

lol was up at 2am, hit the sack early yesterday as it was a workout day and i'm usually battered after i'm done.

the bodybuilders that you see in compotitions etc have been training for years to get to the size they are, yes alot of them use steroids but it still takes years of dedicated training to reach that level

funny though because when you see bodybuilders in shows they at their weakest due to having to cut down all the body fat and dehydrate themselves to get the look their after.