Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Come on then help me out.......

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2006, 04:39 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come on then help me out.......

Its that time, the middle age spread is kicking in

Basically ive started to get a gut (just started and want to sort NOW!) Also never got any energy etc etc

Want to get fit 1st and then generally tone up,NOT turn in to a muscly fucker.
Looking to stay slim just defined basically and to be able to run up stairs without my heart going skits at the top.

Taking out a gym membership in next few weeks so advise please peeps on basicalyy what equipment to use and some sort of training requime etc.

Started watching what i eat now etc, only other thing to mention is ive got some soft vertabrae in back so sit ups are a no as painfull, back needs supporting as much as poss

Old 29-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

No worries about doing situps mate,that'll not do jack for your gut anyway. Only way round it is to trim down the fat layer over your stomach so watching what you eat is a very good start, and imo best thing for you would be cardio workouts,easiest being running,cycling,swimming. Start off slow as not to disappoint yourself. Unfortunatly it does take time mate.
If you dont want to turn into a muscly fucker then stick to lighter weight with high reps and maybe about 5 sets.
Old 29-06-2006, 09:42 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

me not speaker di lingo lol reps i assume means repeats? what do you mean by 5 sets?
Old 29-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

Sorry mate,youve basicly guessed it
e.g bench press,from lockout(arms straight with you taking the weight)slowly bring the bar down to your chest,raise back to lockout and thats 1 rep. Do this say 10 times and then stop for recovery(bar back on the stays) and thats 1 set.
Most muscly fuckers tend not to do much over 8 reps,or should i say if they can do more than 8 then its too light. They also increase weight on each set and sometimes do there last set until rep failure(until they cant lift it on there own).
For you i'd say start of very light,make sure you able to do atleast 10 reps and sustain good form througout your full routine.
If you in Blackpool maybe you could ask Stu@MSD to give you a few pointers,iirc he's been training for a good while now.