Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

losing weight? God damn!

Search this Thread

Old 26-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default losing weight? God damn!

I do running and mild weights, got a decent shape body, toned on the shoulders, arms and chest, but have a small gut

cant lose it...

BUT is it the drink?

I run every day aswell as lift weights, but it dont go

WTF can i do

Only drink friday's sat and sun's

Anyone?
Old 26-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: losing weight? God damn!

Originally Posted by Pennywise
I do running and mild weights, got a decent shape body, toned on the shoulders, arms and chest, but have a small gut

cant lose it...

BUT is it the drink?

WTF can i do

Anyone?
Think that's your problem mate, you say 'only' drink Friday Saturday and Sunday's but that's nearly half the week, 3 out of 7 days mate!

My body shape sounds exactly the same as yours so i'd be interested to know how to get rid of it too, although i've cut RIGHT down on alcohol at the moment, almost to nothing and the weight is coming off...
Old 27-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Beer Radders... its a fooker!

Try and get into Vodka and diet coke mate, its a LOT less fattening!
Old 27-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what do you drink when you do drink?
Old 27-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Matt.. stella and Wine, Red only though

Cheers Stu/ Dan
Old 27-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

You know I love Red Wine too, a glass a day is good for ya mate, then you can drink everyday!

No need to have as much at the weekends then
Old 27-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: losing weight? God damn!

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by Pennywise

cant lose it...

BUT is it the drink?

WTF can i do

same here been going gym regular for around 3 months now, everyware is toning up even started to see some abs at the top, but i have a small beer belly altho (i rarely drink) cant seem so shift it at all,was thinking maybe more cardio but im worried that i will lose weight from the rest of my body instead of the belly,maybe more ab workouts might do it, but you always read that no matter how many crunches you do you need to burn the fat to see your abs

Anyone?
Think that's your problem mate, you say 'only' drink Friday Saturday and Sunday's but that's nearly half the week, 3 out of 7 days mate!

My body shape sounds exactly the same as yours so i'd be interested to know how to get rid of it too, although i've cut RIGHT down on alcohol at the moment, almost to nothing and the weight is coming off...
Old 27-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fooked the quote up so heres wot i wrote lol

same here been going gym regular for around 3 months now, everyware is toning up even started to see some abs at the top, but i have a small beer belly altho (i rarely drink) cant seem so shift it at all,was thinking maybe more cardio but im worried that i will lose weight from the rest of my body instead of the belly,maybe more ab workouts might do it, but you always read that no matter how many crunches you do you need to burn the fat to see your abs
Old 28-05-2006, 08:26 AM
bigwelshlad
Advanced PassionFord User

its true mate beer does nothing for your gut except make it bigger. i dread to think about what i get through a week but i know that i can lose a stone if i lay off the beer for about 5 days !
Old 31-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok stella, same as how much do you drink?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
bigwelshlad

Originally Posted by Matt
ok stella, same as how much do you drink?
too much mate did you see the report in a few of the taboids today about the average brit drinking 15 litres of beer a year? i had to laugh at that, i think they need to add a zero to it as give me a good night sesh and i can do that in one

on a serious side, i know my drinking has led to me being this big and so if you do cut down on your beers mate you will deffo see some loss of the pot belly !
Old 01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bigwelshlad

each to their own, id sooner put weight on by building muscle up not adding fat! since i started training i went down to 13s6 but im now at 14s8 as ive gained bulk, still got a bit of a pot belly though which is mainly down to lager imo

your repeative excessive drinking is extremely health damaging, i doubt very much radleigh drinks enough to be slowly killing himself.....unlike you
Old 01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
bigwelshlad

bigwelshlad

each to their own, id sooner put weight on by building muscle up not adding fat! since i started training i went down to 13s6 but im now at 14s8 as ive gained bulk, still got a bit of a pot belly though which is mainly down to lager imo

your repeative excessive drinking is extremely health damaging, i doubt very much radleigh drinks enough to be slowly killing himself.....unlike you
fair points mate and no offence taken. i have agreed with the missus to lose some weight after the world cup.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bigwelshlad
bigwelshlad

fair points mate and no offence taken. i have agreed with the missus to lose some weight after the world cup.
good plan, i will prob need to do the same lol

obviously you and the mrs like your size so thats not an issue to you, id just be worried about my health if i were you pal
Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
bigwelshlad

bigwelshlad

obviously you and the mrs like your size so thats not an issue to you, id just be worried about my health if i were you pal
true mate underneath the bravado i am quite worried really. i have put on a lot of weight in the last two years and so i am definitely going to try and do something after the footie. beer is gonna be my big problem
Old 04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Muzz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Make sure your drinking 2.5 Litres of water a day
Old 04-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bigwelshlad

true mate underneath the bravado i am quite worried really. i have put on a lot of weight in the last two years and so i am definitely going to try and do something after the footie. beer is gonna be my big problem
you need to have a goal, know how to get there, have lots of will power, plenty of encouragement, put your mind to it - simple really lol

there are people on here who can help you, why not speak to paul eggleton for a start. you know yourself that you need to cut the drink down but im guessing theres loads more to your diet and lifestyle that need to change aswell as the drinking habits!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:57 PM
bigwelshlad

bigwelshlad

you need to have a goal, know how to get there, have lots of will power, plenty of encouragement, put your mind to it - simple really lol

there are people on here who can help you, why not speak to Paul eggleton for a start. you know yourself that you need to cut the drink down but im guessing theres loads more to your diet and lifestyle that need to change aswell as the drinking habits!
thanks mate. and good luck to you as well
Old 18-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

bigwelshlad

Your right Matt i dont, Been drinking Strongbow now out here as there is no stella on the island

But still training, once im home i'll be training alot more as i have a goal now to join the RAF Regiment, been in the RAF for 5 years, and want to finish my 9 by doing 4 in the Regiment