Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Martial Artists Rollcall?

Search this Thread

Old 18-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martial Artists Rollcall?

Been done before I guess... but never hurts

Just done Green belt in Chinese Kickboxing, Blue belt Wing Chun Kung Fu, Orange Belt Cobra FMA (shukokai karate/jiu-jitsu/kickboxing), Brown Belt Judo.

Who else? Any tips to pass on?
Old 18-04-2006, 11:52 AM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Location: In the Karate Dojo , or updating the rs500 database
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck mate great to see another martial atrist on here

20 years shukokai karate
before that
judo brown belt
ju jitsu blue belt
boxing

been training in the arts since i was 12 i am 37 now

any tips ....

yeah, just enjoy it mate

daz b
Old 18-04-2006, 03:58 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

i done mix martial arts (ufc) while i was training to wrestle

was very handly for grappling but wouldnt really want to do a proper contest in it. if you want to learn to fight though get yourself down your nearest gym
Old 19-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

More people

Darren ... 20 years.. Christ, remind me not to piss you off I've only been back into it for 3 years or so, I'm actually happier concentrating on getting everything flawless and sparring, rather than belts. Really love bag work for some odd reason... Shukokai is next to take up on my list though, really up for that

Chris.. oddly I never wanted to learn to fight Somebody told me kickboxing was good fun to keep fit, and it just spiralled! Ironically I find it really hard to throw a punch at an actual person now, I'm too concerned about hurting them, I was more of an asset in a pub brawl when I had no idea what I was doing
Old 19-04-2006, 07:27 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Steve200+
Chris.. oddly I never wanted to learn to fight Somebody told me kickboxing was good fun to keep fit, and it just spiralled! Ironically I find it really hard to throw a punch at an actual person now, I'm too concerned about hurting them, I was more of an asset in a pub brawl when I had no idea what I was doing
funny story actually one of the guys i used to train and work with was a doorman and said that once he went to throw a punch and stamped his foot at the same time (how you throw a punch in wrestling for the added sound)
said he got the piss ripped out of him from the other doormen for quite some time
Old 19-04-2006, 07:44 PM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Location: In the Karate Dojo , or updating the rs500 database
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve200+
More people

Darren ... 20 years.. Christ, remind me not to piss you off I've only been back into it for 3 years or so, I'm actually happier concentrating on getting everything flawless and sparring, rather than belts. Really love bag work for some odd reason... Shukokai is next to take up on my list though, really up for that :
grades were something witch never bother'd me to much to be honest when i first started shukokai the first club i was with was big on compertition's so the main focus was around that, i had a lot of success national assocation champion 1992/93/94 in kumite kata champion in 1998/99 plus various team triumphs but the pinical of my compertition life was going to okinawa "island of japan" with the assocation squad awsesome i will never forget that even though i did get disqualified for hiting a jap in the throat ..lol..
fast forward to today and ive been teaching in the dojo for 10 years i was due to take my sandan "3rd dan" in 2003 but my father died suddenly .........................lost the plot a little after his death lot's off booze "budwieser" but i am glad to say i am fully back on track with the help of my family and my friends.
so i am now training again to get to sandan level i plan to take my grade in october if my instructor allows ..

daz b, alliance of shukokai karate assocation 2nd dan
Old 22-04-2006, 04:13 PM
PPSSSHH
Regular Contributor

iv been doin hap ki do on and off since i was 14 its funny really because nobody seems to have heard of it also did a little tea kwon do and mma but prefer the hap ki do i know an 18 stone black belt in judo he also plays rugby what a combination lol
Old 03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive just started thai boxing tonight, first time doing ANY martial art and i really enjoyed it! proper keen to get into now!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:37 PM
PPSSSHH
Regular Contributor

nice im goin tonight for the first time and im told they stick you in the ring with one of the better fighters and they give you a good goin over and if you come back next week they know your keen ill just take some extra pampers i guess or a quick snap kick to the throat lol