Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

LivingWell Membership - Shall I ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LivingWell Membership - Shall I ?

Hey, just got back off my holidays and decided that i need to lose 3 stone & tone up. My village has a LivingWell Gym in it & i negotiated a membership at £35 a month, going to look around & decide on Wednesday. Does anyone have any experience of LivingWell chain gyms etc...?

Also i presume i shall get a program etc but can any of you guys give me a basic idea of where to start.

I reckon i'm approx 14stone but only 5ft 9, bit of a beer gut, and just generally a bit flabby everywhere but i'm sure if i can stick out the 1st month i'll get into the swing easy. I basically want to lose my beer gut & just tone my legs and stomach, i never been to a gym in my life before, i have a mountain bike i hardly use lol but i'm determined to try this as i'm off to Australia in December and i wanna look like a surfer lol, not a sloucher.

Thanks guys!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Dont seem a bad price mate, Im sure Lindsay was paying not much less than that for off peak only at Ardsley House!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i took the plunge, went and had a look around today and it looks good, the sales guy did his stuff etc, plus i spotted a couple of mates i knew too so it helped me decide really, i had my weight/bodyfat check and came out at 13st 6 - 27.7% body fat, the guy reckoned that i should be between 8 and 20%, anyway i have an assessment Friday so i hope i can make some headway.
Old 13-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i decided to go tonight with my mate, mainly just to have a proper look but my mate ended up showing me how to work a few of the machines, ended up running a 1km on the treadmill lol, i cant imagine running that far for a bus though, bit of cycing, rowing, and some upper body exercises, sorry not sure of what the correct names are for each machine yet, then the best bit, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi lol....

Got my assesment with an instructor tomorrow at 12 too so things are looking up, i've already cut junk out, only had 4 pints since last Thursday, and i even had a jacket potato and salad today, i can't believe the journey i've set out on.

Anyway sorry if i'm boring lol but i might use this thread just as a little bit of a diary to see how i get on.
Old 28-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i've been going 2weeks now, so far doing basic cardio stuff only and i got weighed yesterday and have lost 7lb already, thats with about 7 sessions & i've ate a lot better, no crisps, chocolate or beer in 3 weeks too, but it's been hard work but worth it, 2stone to go lol...
Old 29-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

The Livingwell chain is owned by Hilton Corporation Hotels. I cannot speak for the particular Gym you are using, but on a whole the standard should remain the same worldwide

Keep up the good work, sounds like your doing really well
Old 29-04-2006, 09:07 PM
stevieel
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

yeah well done tango.....

keep up the good work, you'll lose that 2 stone in no time at all

Ste
Old 29-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers lads n lasses, fingers crossed!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Had my assessment with this big Dolph Lundgren lookalike on Wednesday lol, now i have a proper program set up which includes weights and cardio too, i am now aching like mad, but i have lost %4 body fat too since my 1st weigh in.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

keep it up pal
thats a fair rate of weight loss
DONT be disheartened when it drops to loads less
its easy to shift weight when theres shite loads more than there should be!