Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

what to eat for breakfast?? and general training stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 02:32 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default what to eat for breakfast?? and general training stuff

Hi guys, well I have just started going to the gym to try and re-claim my old self, a few yrs of doing fook all has taken its toll in the form of a big gut and 16 stone, instead of my old 13.5 . I am 6'4, so im not mega fat but I definatly need to loose some weight, as I started playing footy again recently and my lack of fitness is embarrasing

So far i am doing 10k runs in about 65 mins to try and keep my heart rate down, and I am eating as well as I can (im currently in the falkalnds, so the food isn't mega) , salad for lunch with various bits and peices like ham or a small bit of tuna mayo, and a tea of boiled spuds and lots of green veg, and grilled meat fish or chicken, but Im a bit stumped as to what to eat for breakfast its a choice of porridge, freid english or cerials with uht milk that i hate, so whats the best solution? Is toast with beans/scrambled egg ok?? I have to have a decent brekky as being up at 7am kills me . any info greatly appreciated
Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 AM
FAST AS FORD
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porridge is good, slow realease carb for steady energy without a huge insulin spike. Only problem is its low in protein if your after gaining muscle.
Scrambled eggs on toast is a good breakfast, quality protein from the egg white, good source of fat from the yolk and complex carb from the bread
Just be carefull of how many yolks you have as there quite high in cals!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright mate, as I stated on another post, scientific studies suggest that low GI foods before endurance training provide greater performance overall. Therefore cereal can be good depending on what it is, things like conflakes though do tend to be quite sugary. Personally I have oats/oatmeal and all bran with some milk as part of my breakfast, but when running those kind of distances a greater calorie intake would be required than that alone. Maybe some wholemeal bread aswell and fruit would work nicely. Good luck fellow brummie!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

problem I have at the moment is that I'm reliant on someone elses cooking, as I eat in the RAF mess cos i'm in the falklands, so im pretty limited as to my options