Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

3 important points

Old 06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
afcgordon
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 important points

HI all, great idea for a forum but while anthing that gets people into a gym or exercising has got to be a good thing ithink that 3 important points have been missed out. One anyone startiing any kind of exercise regime ,especially overweight people,shold consult a GP first.and yes i do know that there should be some kind of induction at the gym itself but frankly having wathched people training completely the wrong way at the gym i use,while the so called instructors just look on,i wouldnt put too much trust in them.Secondly concentrate on getting the exercise right,far better to do even one set right than to do three wrong.Lastly,leave your ego outside the gym,dont overload your weights.It takes time to build a good body and just a few seconds to damage a muscle.Apologies if any of this has been put in the forum but ive quickly gone through and didnt spot it