Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Fiesta 1.4 tdci diesel leak- 4 times in garage help!!

Old 30-05-2014, 05:45 PM
nickymac79
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta 1.4 tdci diesel leak- 4 times in garage help!!

We have bought this car 2 weeks ago and realised it was leaking diesel, the local mechanic has replaced the fuel line and all 4 clips and O rings whilst he was it. We took it home and the diesel poured out of it the next day, got taken back in and clip to injector 1 had blown off, sorted and took it back drove it approx. 60 miles and leaking again!! Took back in and injector 3 this time I think...so mechanic ensured every clip was very secure and clicked into place etc, he took it out twice about 5 miles up and down M62, we collected the car and guess what...yip this morning drove 2 miles to work and diesel leaking again plus engine management light on this time (hasn't done that before). When we are experiencing the leaks there is quite abit of black smoke coming out of the exhaust at approx. 50 mph also. We are at our wits end...please has anyone got experience of a similar issue (btwthe mechanic has confirmed the injector seals are fine no signs of carbon, leakages etc...) We did suggest could a build up of pressure be blowing the fuel lines out..but he doesn't seem to think so??? Sorry its a 2009 Fiesta (forgot to add in title)
Old 30-05-2014, 06:06 PM
mark826
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I had this problem with my mums car. same age and engine, same problems I sorted it by getting 4 new clips and squeezed the end of the clips together with a pair of pliers to effectively make the clip tighter, it's been fine ever since also make sure the clips are in the right way around if you try to put them in from the easy side they will just fall out