Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Fiesta tdci diesel pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2011, 10:39 AM
lil_em_1989
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta tdci diesel pump problems

I've got a fiesta 1.4 tdci 05 plate, been very good car since I had it in 2008 but lately been having lots of problems. The main problem is the fact that I have to pump the diesel sometimes by hand by the little pump next to the engine. I have to do it most mornings and sometimes in the day. It doesn't start so I pump it by hand and it starts. Been told many different things, one being that there is a hole somewhere letting a small amount of air in, but been recently told by a friend of a friend whos a mechanic to get rid before it dies, because apparently its a common fault and the only way to sort it is to completely replace the whole fuel system. I don't want to get rid as its a good car normally, never failed an MOT. Can anyone give me any advice on whether they've heard of this sort of thing before. Thanks
Old 09-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Twinsemma
Virgin

Did you ever solve this as my car has just started doing this!
Old 20-05-2017, 06:14 PM
DaveyBoy3rd
Virgin

I've got the same thing with my Fiesta, I think it's fuel pump electrical problem as I can't hear the pump. What was yours