Fiesta ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta ST Range of cars.

ST Mk 7.5 ABS feel?

Old 13-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Synergist
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST Mk 7.5 ABS feel?

I've had my ST since the end of August and (fortunately) not had to do much strong braking in the poor weather we're experiencing at the moment. However, a few weeks ago I decided to test my stopping ability in the wet - and instead of the expected ABS shudder feedback through the brake pedal, it felt (and sounded) like I immediately locked the fronts.

There's no lights on the dash and TC works as expected when pulling away quickly. I was going slightly downhill and the road was damp, but I was very surprised that the fronts locked immediately instead of going to ABS assist.

Does the ABS feel through the brake pedal differ on this vehicle, or should it be a pretty standard vibration/shudder? (Is there a dash light which illuminates when ABS kicks in?)
Old 13-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

If i stand on my brakes the ABS goes mad. Never took much noticed to anything elsa when this is happing lol.
Old 13-11-2013, 08:56 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Does it have EBD?

My old Focus ST had EBD, what the car does it monitors how quickly you come off the throttle and hard on the brakes, it then automatically applies full braking power to all wheels without locking them.

I had it cut in a couple of times and although no, the ABS didn't cut in like it does on other cars, the brake pedal drops a little more and it stops you quicker than you could ever imagine it would!