Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

2WD Saph -Complete car for breaking or project now £2500

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default 2WD Saph -Complete car for breaking or project now £2500

I bought this a few months ago, but I have only been in the UK for about 1 month since June, so I haven't had time to do anything with it.

The inital plan was to put it back on the road but that fell through, and I have been searching for a good Mk2 sierra estate to reshell this into, but as more time drags on trying to find a suitable one, and 4 other cars it's probably sensible of me to get rid.
I don't have time and space to break it, so although I appreciate helpful replies that I will not doubt get as a response to this ad, it is not something I can do at the moment.

Anyway sob story over with.

The car has not been on the road since 99', it has changed hands a few times but sat in garages etc. To be utterly honest it is very rusty, and would require a lot of welding to make it right, so anybody considering this as a project needs to take this into account.

I have never heard the car running, it does not have a fuel tank or fuel pump, so I cannot speak about or commit to anything regarding this. Obviously the same goes for anything else i.e. box, diff, etc.

The interior has been removed but I have this stored at my house, it is not perfect but 99% of it is there apart from 1/4 of the rear seat and the centre console armrest.

From memory the odometer reads about 90k if that matters

Looking for £2750, I'm not in a desperate hurry to sell it so any offers less than this I will have to consider carefully. Car is located in Aberdeen, contact me here via PM as I am not in the UK at the moment. Oh and I forgot to add about the engine is aparently a 205 bottom end with a 4wd head.

Name:  IMG_1766_zps154d7685.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  4b7da9e8-5582-4b61-8f83-d5113a94e89b_zps5b46d1fa.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  78.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1919_zps92d5268b.png
Views: 18
Size:  801.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1907_zpsa663924f.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  124.1 KB

Last edited by rog; 11-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Hopefully someone will save it Rog.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

shame its got in that state but thats a fair enough price id say,still got the silver one and that mk1 uno turbo me howd?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's one key for all the locks I'd be interested in them?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not sure mate, I haven't tried and I'm away at the moment so can't give you an answer.
Yeah still got the others, I need to sort that out though, too many cars and not enough space!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:45 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Its a shame to break but if its roosty then it will cost a bit to get it right! I keep on thinking about cosworths but its just one thing after another in my life lol houses, houses, doing up houses, missus wants a new house etc etc!! maybe shes saving me money and stress in the long run
Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah there's always something sensible to take away the fun of spending money on cars, kids, houses, wives, weddings, divorces, etc... Notice most of them are women related.....

The car should have been basically finished by now, in my absence I had arranged for some work to be done, but for one reason or another it never happened. So now I've just though "fuck it" and it's getting punted.

Getting tired of trying to find an estate to reshell it into, they are either miles away and cost a bomb to transport (becuase I'm not in the UK most of the time to do it myself), or some dreamer wants loads for a rotten base model one. I even threw in the towel the other day and spoke to someone who had a cossie shell, then that was feckin' sold before I could blink....something says it's just not meant to be! haha

Last edited by rog; 08-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 PM
NC53
Regular Contributor

Do you know anything else about the engine? and other than the missing bits of interior trim, tank and fuel pumps, is it complete?

cheers
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rog
Yeah there's always something sensible to take away the fun of spending money on cars, kids, houses, wives, weddings, divorces, etc... Notice most of them are women related.....

The car should have been basically finished by now, in my absence I had arranged for some work to be done, but for one reason or another it never happened. So now I've just though "fuck it" and it's getting punted.

Getting tired of trying to find an estate to reshell it into, they are either miles away and cost a bomb to transport (becuase I'm not in the UK most of the time to do it myself), or some dreamer wants loads for a rotten base model one. I even threw in the towel the other day and spoke to someone who had a cossie shell, then that was feckin' sold before I could blink....something says it's just not meant to be! haha
The funny thing is i have the r5 gt turbo to do, the capri to do, an impreza wrx classic that im driving around in just now while the wife uses the shogun for work and the cabriolet is off road for winter etc awaiting a turbo engine so why i would even consider another project is just stupid lol. too much time on my hands when im in russia and trawling the net looking at cars lol! i need to concentrate on my other projects first i think!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 AM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

that would be ideal for me, the wheels I want and drivetrain I want - but not got the cash at the minute
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

There's always the right time and place, another one will come up again! This is the 2nd one I've sold like this so I'll probably have another in a while

Don't know anything about the engine other than I was 'told' it was a recon 4wd head on a 205 bottom end and new turbo put on but it was never ran becuase it needed other work, so it sat rusting even more.

Car is complete other than what I said above. I'd say it's deffo a candidate for reshelling though, all doors are rusty, bootlid is dented, floor needs a lot of welding, rear arches are totally gone. it would need a lot of fabrication then a full paint on top.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 AM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rog
There's always the right time and place, another one will come up again! This is the 2nd one I've sold like this so I'll probably have another in a while

Don't know anything about the engine other than I was 'told' it was a recon 4wd head on a 205 bottom end and new turbo put on but it was never ran becuase it needed other work, so it sat rusting even more.

Car is complete other than what I said above. I'd say it's deffo a candidate for reshelling though, all doors are rusty, bootlid is dented, floor needs a lot of welding, rear arches are totally gone. it would need a lot of fabrication then a full paint on top.
thats exactly what I would do - simply reshell it as I have a car thats coming together ready for just its paint..

Then I need all mechanicals - if it hangs around (I doubt it at that price) I may be in a position to buy it in a couple of months time
Old 09-10-2013, 08:00 PM
scoffstainland

hi rog would 2 grand buy it ?? regards richard
Old 10-10-2013, 02:06 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hi, no sorry it won't, but thanks for asking
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Ryoishikawa
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Too far would love these
Old 11-10-2013, 06:06 AM
mickey2679
Virgin

Originally Posted by rog
I bought this a few months ago, but I have only been in the UK for about 1 month since June, so I haven't had time to do anything with it.

The inital plan was to put it back on the road but that fell through, and I have been searching for a good Mk2 sierra estate to reshell this into, but as more time drags on trying to find a suitable one, and 4 other cars it's probably sensible of me to get rid.
I don't have time and space to break it, so although I appreciate helpful replies that I will not doubt get as a response to this ad, it is not something I can do at the moment.

Anyway sob story over with.

The car has not been on the road since 99', it has changed hands a few times but sat in garages etc. To be utterly honest it is very rusty, and would require a lot of welding to make it right, so anybody considering this as a project needs to take this into account.

I have never heard the car running, it does not have a fuel tank or fuel pump, so I cannot speak about or commit to anything regarding this. Obviously the same goes for anything else i.e. box, diff, etc.

The interior has been removed but I have this stored at my house, it is not perfect but 99% of it is there apart from 1/4 of the rear seat and the centre console armrest.

From memory the odometer reads about 90k if that matters

Looking for £2750, I'm not in a desperate hurry to sell it so any offers less than this I will have to consider carefully. Car is located in Aberdeen, contact me here via PM as I am not in the UK at the moment. Oh and I forgot to add about the engine is aparently a 205 bottom end with a 4wd head.
Would you sell the gearbox separate?
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nope sorry, whole car or nothing, the reason I am selling is because I don't have time for it, so breaking it is not an option either.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:32 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Obviously this is far too expensive for a whole car......
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rog I have an old fuel pump/filter/cradle etc that I removed off my saph that I won't be needing as I'm getting the same set up but with an 044 pump off chip in the future.
Your quite welcome to it mate just to get the car up and running as I think without people hearing the engine it could be a bit too much for some to take a risk.
If you want it let me ken as I'm back up a week Thursday and can drop it into you.
Old 13-10-2013, 10:55 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's sounds like a great idea mate. I'm home on Tuesday night so I'll be around next week, be good to get a catchup!
Old 13-10-2013, 11:21 AM
slammedmk3van
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

very cheap and very far away LOL
glwts
Old 13-10-2013, 05:42 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rog
That's sounds like a great idea mate. I'm home on Tuesday night so I'll be around next week, be good to get a catchup!
Aye great stuff Rog,it'll be a week Thursday mate but the pump etc is yours fella.
You could rig something up as a temporary fuel tank mate,even a petrol can would do.
Old 14-11-2013, 01:36 PM
john-saff
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

was this ever got running ?
Old 14-11-2013, 01:41 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sold now mate. I heard on the grapevine that the new owner took the engine apart and it was like new inside. Still glad I'm rid of it though!