Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Fiesta tddi,w reg,89k,no tax/test,needs work,mega cheap.

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2011, 12:18 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta tddi,w reg,89k,no tax/test,needs work,mega cheap.

Ok,advertised this on here before and had a bit of interest but as times are getting harder and harder a car that does 60mpg that could be on the road for around £5-600 makes sense to me,I personally have no interest in it anymore so just want rid.
Right,it's a 5dr motor,lx so you get pas,e/windows,c/l,aircon(needs a new metal pipe,I broke it!!!),colour coded bumpers and quite a nice interior.
I bought this with a mate about 6 years ago when it was reasonably new as a small damaged project.
We got ripped off.
It needed 2 doors on the n/s,repair to sill and "that's it".
It wasn't,we noticed the front wings were both dented and the bumper looked out of line,after purchase of course.
Turned out it had a light front,so a new front x-member was welded in,everything lined up fine.
Car was ready for paint/Mot but when we drove it over it had no 5th gear,up on the ramps you could see the linkage had been shunted back in the front ender and smashed a hole in the box.
At the time,they were a rare beast and it sat for months looking for a box,which I eventually sourced and fitted and that's fine now.
We then moted it which it went through needing a tyre and 1 patch on the sill,inner and done very well,in fact I can't even remember exactly where,my mates a superb welder.
Anyway,it sat for months as neither of us wanted to work on it,minor disagreements,you know how things get between mates.
When I got my business,I decided to paint it up,do a few jobs etc.
In the meantime the car had sat so long the alternator had completely seized solid,engine wouldn't turn etc.
I replaced it with one from a focus tddi but the plug on the front is different,although the engine then fired immediately,runs sweet.
The oil pressure lamp kept flickering but Ive determined this is the switch itself,I did an oil change and it's done 0 miles since,there's a switch in the boot and the pressure checked,it's getting up top fine.
Too add to tales of woe,I parked it outside my unit one seemed and came back to find the front end stolen,it was booked in for Mot that Monday,great.
I won't go into the ins and outs but lets say my mate worked in a scrappy and certain people I knew had been asking around for a mk5 fiesta front end that Friday and by Monday its gone.
Anyway,it's since been replaced with one in an identical colour,everything lines up perfectly,we did do a good job of that front x-member!!!
The car will need:
-Good battery,it's a DERV after all
-few bits bolting up(should have all the bolts there)
-Mot
-tax
-alternator wiring looking at/stick a proper fiesta tddi one on it
-good clean

That's all I can think of right now.

So,looking at the current Market these are fetching £800-1000 dependant on mileage/condition.
This is low miles for year,body generally rust free,scratched a bit but presentable,straight,no major dents.
It needs a good day spent on it in my eyes,I've got several other cars to sort and my mates going through some serious head shit at the moment so we've both agreed to get rid.
The price I'm going to start at £350,but I haven't been near it in a while,it may need more work than I've suggested,I certainly wouldnt fancy driving it away as is.
I do have a logbook somewhere and a copy of a hpi report that shows it to be a cat d not c,so no VIC required.
I'll get pics up later.
Old 15-11-2011, 12:21 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also just thought,im open to a p/x deal on this or even as a p/x towards you with cash etc.
Ive also got a transit LWB I bought off here for sale at £600 with 6 moths tax and test on it,could do a deal with someone on an £800/900 car or whatever?
Old 15-11-2011, 05:16 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just found out from a mutual friend that these engines are also used in the transit connects of around 2002/4 vintage.
Could make a cheap one of those by using the guts from this one?plenty with failed injector pumps etc out there for not much money.
Old 15-11-2011, 10:33 PM
BIG WULL
Fae the Dale

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of transit please...
Old 16-11-2011, 09:05 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Here you go.

Load area and interior are cleaned out now,seats are mint to be fair,but then the van has only done 103k which is barely run in for one of these.
Also,I've washed the van and it comes up much better,I'll take some fresh snaps ASAP.

Drivers arch is dead,but the inner is good,passenger arch is on it's way,but again inners really good.
There's a small hole in the passenger wing but drivers is fine.
Door bottoms are starting to go and there's one or two scabs elsewhere but underneath is VERY good,it's lived in middle England most of it's life so hasn't suffered any really harsh winters,in fact it looks like it's only been welded up once.
Mechanically pretty spot on,you sometimes get a bit of wobble in reverse which I think is an engine mount but every transit I've ever owned has done it,certainly doesn't affect driving.
Could probably do with the lower arm bushes being done at some point but bear in mind I've done 10000 miles in 5/6 months in this van and it's been faultless,starts everytime,any weather,never uses oil or water,has the tiniest leak from the bottom of the dipstick,super dry for a DI.
the belts were done at about 90k,I've done a wheelbearing on the back and a tyre.
It's a cracking van to be fair,and you won't be changing the pump and injectors every 5 minutes!!!!!
Old 16-11-2011, 02:39 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

sod the transit - lets see pics of the fiesta - i have a mate who is after a cheap diesel to run on bio
Old 16-11-2011, 04:16 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Found a few!!!

These were taken in April,nothings really changed.
Needs work but it's dirt cheap for one of these,£300 takes it away,any less and it's coming apart,it's gonna be double in bits of course,but a ton of hassle.
Old 16-11-2011, 07:31 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

where you based mate?
Old 17-11-2011, 11:58 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rich_frst
where you based mate?
Swansea mate.