Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

1990 Fiesta Track Day car

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Shantung Black Tiger
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Fiesta Track Day car

I have for sale my first real project car. I finished it a year or so back with the intention of using it as a drive to the track have some fun and drive it home kind of arrangement. However I just havent had the time to do this and now need the space in my workshop for my next project. I think to be honest I was more interested in the building of the car rather than actually racing it in the end.

Anyway, it is currently on ebay #110723865215 which has the following description:

This car started out as a 1.1 LX, which I recieved with 37K on the clock. I stripped the car back to its shell and tidied up a couple of rust spots, although these were just cosmetic surface spots and I must stress there is no rot in any parts of the cars' chassis.

My intention was to build this into a little weekend track day car, which I think I succeeded in, all bar having the time to actualy go ahead and drive it. Upon rebuilding I improved the car with the following spec....
  • 1.6 CVH engine (sourced from a 1992 1.6S with 67K on the clock). V5 is updated with the correct engine number etc.
  • Bilstien Springs and dampers all round
  • XR2 front brake calipers refurbed and fitted with new kevlar pads
  • Saftey Devices 6 point bolt in roll cage (FIA approved). The centre support mounts are welded to the chassis. The front section needs fitting which will require a bit of fettling with the dash but nothin a compitent DIYer couldnt do in a couple of hours. All fittings and bolts etc are included.
  • 15" Alloys with road legal tyres. These have some inside scrubbing on them off the car they came from but are still legal.
  • Full service on the engine before fitting including, oil, filter, plugs, leads, distributor refurb, coolant change
  • New Head gasket
  • New weber carb (auto choke) with K&N filter
  • Cam Belt
  • Track Rod ends
  • Fiesta Ghia interior (velour seats and good carpets) NB no rear seats due to roll cage and battery relocation to the boot
  • Box of various spares including spare lights, front seats, fittings.
Is all back togethers and running nicely. Will make an ideal track day project, or could be MOT'd and put back on the road, I haven't removed anything that would fail its MOT, so should pass without too much difficulty.

As it is SORN'd it will need trailering away, although if you pre-book an MOT you could drive it straight to the MOT station.

I'm looking for a decent 918 fireblade or late carb R1 to spend the proceeds of this car on if you have any offers? Or to just buy I am only looking for around £750 (half of which is the value of the roll cage).

Please email me if you have any questions or would like any more photos. I also have a few taken during the rebuild too.

Thanks Adam
Attached Thumbnails 1990 Fiesta Track Day car-dsc00083.jpg   1990 Fiesta Track Day car-dsc00089.jpg   1990 Fiesta Track Day car-dsc00085.jpg   1990 Fiesta Track Day car-dsc00082.jpg  

Last edited by Shantung Black Tiger; 08-08-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot photos