Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

E36 318i SE with lots of Alpina/AC Schnitzer/M3 bits

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E36 318i SE with lots of Alpina/AC Schnitzer/M3 bits

BMW 318i SE

1800cc

Morea Green Metallic

4 door saloon

135,000 miles

MOT Jan 2012, Tax end of June 2011

For sale is my BMW 318i SE, selling as i need a hatchback for my dog. The car has AC Schnitzer 17 inch alloys with 5mm tread left. It has M3 side skirts, M3 front bumper, M3 door rubbing strips, Alpina boot spoiler, Alpina roof spoiler, Clear indicators. Log book present and in my name.

Bodywork lets the car down slightly. When I bought the car it was so low at the front that the tyres fouled the arches, resulting in them rusting badly. I put new springs on and had the wings professionally painted at a total cost of £300, but the colour match isn't great (the new wings are slightly lighter shade and have more metallic flakes). There is a small rust hole under boot(see picture), and some light scabbing starting on the rear arches.

The front has loads of stone chips like all E36's, and were touched up by previous owner in slightly darker shade. The bumpers have some scuffs and there are small scuffs and scratches here and there (sounds worse than it looks, looks nice overall, its just up close - it is a 15 year old car after all!)

Engine runs perfect, never let me down, starts perfect every day, never goes above 1/2 way on temp gauge, no knocks/bangs, idles like a dream. Brand new battery a couple of months ago...

Had a brand new standard exhaust, catalytic converter and back box in janurary for mot at a cost of £200

Cloth interior, small rip on rear bench along seam but is hardly noticeable. other wise in pretty good condition, has a few minor scuffs. Missing center cowling around wheel where I changed the ignition barrel (cost £75 and was programmed to my key from BMW) and have lost top half, its somewhere but i need to dig it out. Comes with center armrest. Most tools still in boot compartment. Has jack/spare etc.

Passenger window pops out of runner on way up, its usable but needs fixing really, a common fault on e36's.

One of the AC schnitzer alloys is only held on with 4 bolts as the previous owner drilled a bolt off (he couldn't get it off he said so he drilled around the bold to remove it... I looked into getting a 2nd hand one off ebay, they're only 50 quid (saw a set for £150).

Selling as I desparately need a hatchback/estate for my child and dog, it isn't practical to have a car seat and a boxer dog in the back! I've been as honest as i can be, i've spent alot of money on the car in the time ive owned it and if it wasnt for the bodywork id have sold it for alot more.

Not interested in a swap for a focus etc as its against ebay rules and i always follow the rules

I have more pictures, i can email them if required.

Im after a 2.0l focus 5 door, or a cheap s2 so would do a p/x

£850

Car is in Grantham, Lincs. Just off A1/A52.

Last edited by andre_k; 05-05-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: phone number