Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

4x4 cossie,no t&t,needs finishing etc £various

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2011, 06:14 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 cossie,no t&t,needs finishing etc £various

Regrettably (aren`t they all!!!!),it really IS time for the cos to go.
I`ve got at least 30 photos of various states of the build but basically this car needs finishing then you`ve an absolute cracker of a 4X4,its had an engine rebuild,respray,welding etc all sorted,I`ve gathered a few goodies like samco`s,konis,drilled discs front and rear,oz super t`s fully refurbed etc etc.In fact spec as follows.

-4X4 in Ebony H684 SHE,well known in the Neath/Swansea area,Andy Penn could fill you in on a bit of history as he knew one of the previous owners well.
-Fully Rebuilt motor before I bought it,the lad bought it with piston blown due to fuel starvation,his number will be available to confirm this,car has done plenty of trouble free miles in his possession.runs fine even though its not done more than 50 miles in 4.5 years,obviously would need set up/recommissioning etc.
-Photographed respray and build up,replaced three of the 4 doors due to rust/bubbling/dents,all painted in and out so match perfectly,boot delocked correctly with a welded in plate,seem sealed,etch primed,rust proofed and fibre glassed/filled.Has had a lot of welding down,realistically,had I known how much it would have been broken up but 99% of its done now.
-Leather is ok but I have MINT doorcards and several interiors/seats to choose from or take with you,I have a mint passenger seat in my shed I was going to use as a drivers and just swap the mechs etc,you could make a totally mint interior out of what I`ve got.
-engine it stage 1 tuned,boosts to 1 bar from memory,drove very smooth and pulled well,T34 model with a red rocker,no cat etc.
-box/drivetrain perfect,thought it felt lovely myself,no knocks rattles or whines.
-semi polybushed all round,idea why but all spare bushes to complete.
-drilled discs all round look BRAND NEW,pads for front as new,no rear pads.
-full stainless mongoose exhaust
-bailey dump valve (not sure if thats a plus or not!!!!) Sell it on ebay if you don`t like it!!!
-mint oz super t`s refurbed in a lovely dark grey colour in my workshop,no kerb marks at all
-vecta and pirhana (WOW) alarms,both seem to work.
-Konis
-garage full (literally ) of parts,luton or big tranny required to move it all,mainly interior bits but theres a few panels etc
-factory aircon,however the pump pulley of the engine looks a bit wonky,but im sure thats easily sorted,must be very rare now
-car mileage of 136k with a bag full of history,all old mots as well,fully hpi clear,never had a reg change even.
-probably loads of other stuff

Bad Points (well,come on,theres bound to be a few!!!)

Needs reassembly after the paintjob,all panels and parts painted though,even bits and bobs that can get forgotten.
The paintjob is pretty good but theres bits I`m annoyed with,a couple of chips have shown up and scratches which shouldn`t have been there but the biggest piss of is that one rear arch has started to bubble. I know why this has happenned because the one I prepped with q rust etc has been fine,obviously the other one wasnt done which is VERY ANNOYING!!!
It still needs a final buff and some cutting but the paintwork is very presentable.
Still a few bits of welding to be done ( i didn`t know this until nearly the end of the project) passenger seat belt mount is crumbly,and theres a hole in the sill although all the hideous stuff is done like rear chassis rails,jacking points,floor and so on.
I`ve seam sealed and undersealed it all after grinding back and it looks pretty standard now,its not or ever will it be concourse but its better than most out there.
Mechanically it wants a battery and the aircon pump sorted as the alt belt pops off cos the pulleys FUBARED,the passenger caliper is siezed and im sure theres a few other things,sounds nice when its running though!!!
Quite a few piddly jobs etc but I hope this is reflected in the price(s).

Just remembered theres a brand new set of front indicators for it as well as some pretty rare ford wind deflectors and sunroof deflector. I did have some RS headlight covers but have no idea where they are now.
Also have the original head unit complete with amp/graphic eq and joystick which does work!!!

As it stands today,come down,cash in hand and pick it up it would be £4000 with all the bits to complete,no less as I can break it for far more and will if I just get idiots etc.

With all the spares which are literally a van full,spare diff,oil filter,timing belt,black and silver numberplates,theres a mint rainbow interior,two leather trims,two 87/88 recaro saff trims,clocks,spare tailgate,spare door,spare(rough) bonnet,loads of plastics,spare dash.Other bits Ill include non saff are some rs2000 recaros,rst 90 spec seats,rst bonnet,skirt kit,some st 200 leather interior parts including recaros,its almost an endless list of bits and bobs,theres even some VAG stuff if thats your thing (big style garage clearance) for an additional £500,about a 1/3rd of what their worth so £4500 all in.

As said,its not desperate,just practical,I`m getting out of cars and this ones never going to get finished so its going.

Please no timewasters,its dirt cheap,look at the shite you can buy right now for £5-6K and still end up with a worse car than this is,if you work out the maths,buy a shitty bodied one and to get that sorted
is £2k,to rebuild an engine is £2K minimum,a decent interior,£500,mint set of alloys,£400 just for starters plus the £3k or so it takes to get a shed in the first place,which may not be straight etc.

Between all these bits,its going to yield £6K broken pretty fast,and probably a further few quid when all the slow moving stuffs sold like switches,plastics,abs parts etc etc.

Pics will follow and if theres any areas in particular you want to see,just let me know.

So to sum up £4500 with the spares or £4000 without.
Old 23-04-2011, 07:00 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

is there a build thread i can see please? or at least some pics?
Old 23-04-2011, 07:22 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Vaughn if they are my old wheels they are the super leggera not super t, good luck with your sale mate
Old 24-04-2011, 08:37 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by milesy23rst
Vaughn if they are my old wheels they are the super leggera not super t, good luck with your sale mate
Cheers mate,yes they are those wheels.
Old 24-04-2011, 08:38 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
is there a build thread i can see please? or at least some pics?
Sure mate,I'll sort it today/tommorow as it's planes trains and automobiles today!!!
Old 24-04-2011, 09:39 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

Pics please
Old 25-04-2011, 07:10 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pics and i might be interested mate?
Old 27-04-2011, 05:53 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hi all,pics will be up tonight,I haven't got in once before 10/11pm this week with stuff hence the delay.sorry to all interested.
Old 28-04-2011, 09:00 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

any updates?
Old 28-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i too am intersted but need pics
Old 28-04-2011, 09:40 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 98 Likes on 92 Posts

Interested in the rainbow interior if selling seperate
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

still no pics?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

defo need pics
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

RIGHT so sorry guys,just been 110% flat out in work hence my DISMAL efforts to put pics up.
I`m back home as of Saturday so I`ll post up a load,under bonnet etc and anywhere peeps want really,i could probably put up a post of it running but last time I tried a vid it didn`t work.
Again,total apologies and great to see such interest.
As for the interior,its up to the buyer what he/she wants to do,although I`ll get some pics up of all the spares to give you and idea,at least a LWB transits worth!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

no pics?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Am also interested in this vaughn but need to see pics matey
Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
rs-saint
The Money pit!

we are all waiting for pics
Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Couple to keep you going,full hit tommorow.

I've got my booster pack so I'll fire her up as well.im over the old girls this week to get my trailer so I'll get some shots of the spares too.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No one?
Old 17-05-2011, 08:40 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by vaughant
No one?
got to be honest here mate; i think its overpriced personally as it stands. if i were you i'd at least get the front end put back on then re-advertise it. the pics you've posted up do it no favours IMO

i dont want to slate the car as i havent seen it, but you've got to see it from a buyers point of view, i'm sure the car is alot better than then pics show

hope you dont take this the wrong way, all the best
Old 18-05-2011, 01:15 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

got to be honest here mate; i think its overpriced personally as it stands. if i were you i'd at least get the front end put back on then re-advertise it. the pics you've posted up do it no favours IMO

i dont want to slate the car as i havent seen it, but you've got to see it from a buyers point of view, i'm sure the car is alot better than then pics show

hope you dont take this the wrong way, all the best
Nah,I appreciate it mate,I had a feeling most of the enquiries weren't serious anyway.just surprises me that people cant see beyond a few days work to end up with a very decent car,like I said,work out the costs of a full respray,rebuilt motor,mint interior,mint wheels,more spares than you shake a shitty stick at etc.
If you look at it breaker wise,there's the asking price back from all the oily bits and interior,I've seen people asking £150 for doorcards on here,I've got a perfect set for this,even the originals aren't too bad,the rainbow trims worth £350 all day long,say a £150 for the two 87/88 spec saff trims,£80-100 for the rs2k interior,£75 for the s2 recaros,another 2 leather interiors,must be another £150 each all the other bits and bobs and I'm counting a grand there before you go through all the crappy bits that never seem to sell!!!
This place has gone dismal for selling stuff lately so I think it maybe an eBay/pistonheads special from now on,the shit I've seen over there for £5k is shocking.
There's a cheap 4x4 on here though for £3k,makes you wonder how people are getting more for theirs?
Point taken on the pics but I believe honesty to be the best policy even though I'm not sure why I bothered writing the ad out on here!!!
Old 18-05-2011, 08:39 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Nah,I appreciate it mate,I had a feeling most of the enquiries weren't serious anyway.just surprises me that people cant see beyond a few days work to end up with a very decent car,like I said,work out the costs of a full respray,rebuilt motor,mint interior,mint wheels,more spares than you shake a shitty stick at etc.
If you look at it breaker wise,there's the asking price back from all the oily bits and interior,I've seen people asking £150 for doorcards on here,I've got a perfect set for this,even the originals aren't too bad,the rainbow trims worth £350 all day long,say a £150 for the two 87/88 spec saff trims,£80-100 for the rs2k interior,£75 for the s2 recaros,another 2 leather interiors,must be another £150 each all the other bits and bobs and I'm counting a grand there before you go through all the crappy bits that never seem to sell!!!
This place has gone dismal for selling stuff lately so I think it maybe an eBay/pistonheads special from now on,the shit I've seen over there for £5k is shocking.
There's a cheap 4x4 on here though for £3k,makes you wonder how people are getting more for theirs?
Point taken on the pics but I believe honesty to be the best policy even though I'm not sure why I bothered writing the ad out on here!!!
i agree mate, but what cars are advertised for and what they actually sell for is too totally different things.

My advise would be to spend the 2 days you think it would take it get it finished, then advertise it. Sell all the bits seperately, rather than chucking them in with the car

There is only 1 reason why cars dont sell, and thats due to the price.
Te reason why that other 4x4 sold on here so quick was because it was priced right at 3k, it even had a set of AP brakes!!
Old 18-05-2011, 01:44 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i agree mate, but what cars are advertised for and what they actually sell for is too totally different things.

My advise would be to spend the 2 days you think it would take it get it finished, then advertise it. Sell all the bits seperately, rather than chucking them in with the car

There is only 1 reason why cars dont sell, and thats due to the price.
Te reason why that other 4x4 sold on here so quick was because it was priced right at 3k, it even had a set of AP brakes!!

Let's be honest though,that 4x4 is the best bargain that's been on here in about 2 years,it's a total giveaway,doesn't look that rough either.

Point taken on the car though,I think it's fate again telling me to keep it and get it finished,it needs so little that I'm just being silly,its just I could really do with the cash but then I suppose all finished I'll be looking at a lot more and as you said,sell the spares separate and get even more cash then.
Cheers for the advice mate.
Old 18-05-2011, 01:46 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

keep it and get it back together mate
Old 18-05-2011, 01:51 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 98 Likes on 92 Posts

How about selling the spares, raises some cash, and keep the car, you win both ways then
Old 18-05-2011, 06:55 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers lads,thanks for the replies.
I think I will try to shift some of the parts as I don't need 5 interiors really!!!!
Sometimes reluctant to do that as you always bloody need something you've given away years ago and end up getting fleeced!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Seen this car when i picked up a bumper off Vaughant a few months ago and its a really good car and a bargain at that price,rare colour fresh paint,no rust.The market must be bad at the moment if it hasnt sold for £4k.Id keep it build it up mot it and hold onto it for a bit,be a shame to see a good car like this broken.A while back cars this good were fetching £6k.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Seen this car when i picked up a bumper off Vaughant a few months ago and its a really good car and a bargain at that price,rare colour fresh paint,no rust.The market must be bad at the moment if it hasnt sold for £4k.Id keep it build it up mot it and hold onto it for a bit,be a shame to see a good car like this broken.A while back cars this good were fetching £6k.
Thanks mate,thats the plan now I think,just could have really done with the cash but I`ve sorted something else out now and I`ll finish it,no doubt a few people will be surprised when they see it done and realise its only a put back together job.
Amazing how few cars are selling and what people expect for the money,I had to laugh at a thread the other day with a lad asking what cossie he could get for £4k and everyone said theres only basket cases out there for that,yet I`m asking too much!!!!
Must be fate telling me to finish it.
I noticed your xe`ing the nova in another thread?Thats a mint little car!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:25 AM
RSLUBBY
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Finish it. Think probably just the work puts people off and having to fetch on trailers. If i was in the market for a nice Cossie id be beating your door down mate she looks a real bargin and what with all the spares. Have you tried it on pistonheads???? or even on the egay
Old 03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSLUBBY
Finish it. Think probably just the work puts people off and having to fetch on trailers. If i was in the market for a nice Cossie id be beating your door down mate she looks a real bargin and what with all the spares. Have you tried it on pistonheads???? or even on the egay
Thanks mate,I could have delivered!!!
But I take your point,I can't say it's my dream car as I had a 2wd back in 1999 and I think this was me reliving my youth.
I haven't tried ph or eBay but I'm not sure if I will yet,as you said better to at least build it back up or get it all together so people can come and see it running and so on,I may even take it for a Mot so I can decide where to go with it.
It's a really decent motor in my eyes and as I said to get this far on a free Cossie would cost the asking price.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks mate,thats the plan now I think,just could have really done with the cash but I`ve sorted something else out now and I`ll finish it,no doubt a few people will be surprised when they see it done and realise its only a put back together job.
Amazing how few cars are selling and what people expect for the money,I had to laugh at a thread the other day with a lad asking what cossie he could get for £4k and everyone said theres only basket cases out there for that,yet I`m asking too much!!!!
Must be fate telling me to finish it.
I noticed your xe`ing the nova in another thread?Thats a mint little car!!!!
Cool,glad your going to finish it,will be a £6k car then.It is stupid what people say as that £3k one on here with ap's was at the opposit end of the scale to yours! Right dog.Im sure you will have no problem selling when its finished,good luck with it.

Yeah got everything now to xe the nova and iv just bought a td nova to use in the mean time.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:51 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Cool,glad your going to finish it,will be a £6k car then.It is stupid what people say as that £3k one on here with ap's was at the opposit end of the scale to yours! Right dog.Im sure you will have no problem selling when its finished,good luck with it.

Yeah got everything now to xe the nova and iv just bought a td nova to use in the mean time.

I'll look forward to seeing that finished,be a proper little sleeper!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Glad your keeping it mate. I could do with some door cards with the leather/viynl bit on if your selling them.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Glenn.
Glad your keeping it mate. I could do with some door cards with the leather/viynl bit on if your selling them.
I wont be selling the mint ones,but your welcome to the others,only the drivers needs a very small bit of re-glueing,could be a nightmare to post though?