Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

Fiesta tddi,5dr,very cheap,no t&t

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta tddi,5dr,very cheap,no t&t

Owned this car between me and my mate since 2006!!!
Was bought as a cat d bumpy when they were actually worth something but as lemony snickett would say,a "series of unfortunate events" have occurred over time!!

The car had a very very light front and a light n/s.we bought it complete with 2 colourcoded doors and needing a bit of work to the pillar and hinges,which was all done,car ready to roll only requiring minor bodywork to finish.

This was where the problems began.

Drove it to my mates for the Mot and found it had no 5th gear.turned out to be no oil in the box,filled it and it drained straight back out,casing had a hole in it,great!!!!
We believe this came from the light front,perhaps hit a rock and the selector smashed back into the box.

After much arising about,the box was done and the car
ready for Mot,which it passed,it just needed some minor bodywork to finish .

Problem number 2!!!

The guy doing the bodywork went out of business and the car sat there for a year waiting for us to collect it,but no work done,never tell a painter your not in a rush!!!as it does,life got in the way and the car got forgotten about,we
changed shifts and so on and it sat in the garage.

When I got my business,we decided to finish it off so the car got the paintwork sorted,ready for the Mot again!!!

Problem number 3.

Seized alternator,so I changed it(bastard of a job!!!) and still no charge,pissed off I stripped it to buy new only to find I hadn't tightened the coupling on the shaft and pulley hence no charge,FFs!!!!

Alternator sorted,ready for it's Mot on the Monday.
Couldn't take it as the alternator stated overcharging although I'm told this is cos it came from a focus tddi and the lt wires are different,this could be bullshit as I can't get a wiring diagram for the tddi but there are 3 wires on the focus and 2 on the fiesta loom?

Problem no4!!!

Some scum stole the front end off it,bumper,headlights,grille and wing mirrors,wankers!!

We've now sourced all the parts in the right colour but have totally lost interest in it,I work away and he's just got a new job as well,realistically,it's here forever!!!

I can't start to add up to what it stands me alone,let alone both of us but it's of some use to someone I'm sure.

Still,good points are a cracking 1.8 tddi engine,chain driven model,starts on the button even after all this time and never runs hot etc,in fact mechanically it's pretty spot on,may need brakes recommissioning etc but it starts/stops/drives ok.

Bodysuit presentable,pretty solid underneath,although we welded it in 2006 when it was 6years old,typical ford build I'm afraid!!!was done well though,in fact I couldn't tell you where it was plated other than sill somewhere!!!

Interiors ok for it's age,good clean would do wonders,needs battery and one tyre has a slow puncture but their all actually in good order.

Pics tomorrow and of course any questions crack on!!!

Car has done 90k,has power steering,leccy windows,central locking and aircon and when new was advertised as a 60mpg car.

Price is £500,worth that for the engine and box alone,bumper/headlights/grille all included.

We also have a zetec s complete front end for sale in red should anyone be interested as we had to buy both as part of a deal.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Could try me on a little px as well,rough as a dog body but good motor 328i would be good!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just spoke with my mate and he reckons were dreaming at £500, so sensible offers now.I've been offered £200 scrap due to the engine/box combo so got to be better than that.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is it?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
furqall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

id say its a 2000
Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by furqall
id say its a 2000
Correct!!!!sorry all,it's a w reg 5dr model in pepper red/burgundy colour.pics will be up tommorrow and all pms replied to.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Alright mate? How's the job going?

I take this is down in wales then and not up here!
Shame as if it was up here I would have taken this off your hands as a daily runner and put it back on the road but wales is just that we'd bit too far for a couple hundred pound car .

Glwts tho

Last edited by xr2john; 08-04-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling lol
Old 08-04-2011, 07:12 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr2john
Alright mate? How's the job going?

I take this is down in wales then and not up here!
Shame as if it was up here I would have taken this off your hands as a daily runner and put it back on the road but wales is just that we'd bit too far for a couple hundred pound car .

Glwts tho
I know what you mean fella,cheap little cars are hard to comeby in Aberdeen,I've been to the local auctions in thainstone,inverurie and cant believe the total shite for sale there for stupid money!!!

If I get no joy in the next few weeks,I may trailer it up and you can have first dibs on it as they seem to sell well up in gods country.

Jobwise,absolutely superb mate,their a great company to work for and the Scottish people are so nice it's unreal,really helpful and kind.

Of course,being the token Welshman I do get plenty of abuse but I give it back well and it's all in good humor!!!

I've found a few long term faults they've been having there so hopefully I'm proving my worth and tbh I'm really enjoying it,Aberdeens a great place as well,Im looking forward to getting the missus and the boy up to look around hopefully with a view to buying permanently in about a years time.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pics as promised.I've only clipped the bumper,headlights grille etc on not bolted them in etc but it looks a bit more like a car now!!!
There's a few scratches on it but no visible rust which is a good sign on a ford!!!
The miles are a little lower than I put at 88k but my booster pack wasn't enough to kick it over,it really needs a decent battery.
My mate also reminded me that the oil pressure switch is a bit dodgy but he reckons there's a good one in the boot.
I can't see it needing a lot to be back on the road really?

Reg is w965 oet in case you want to get an insurance quote etc.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also,got a pm from another forum stating the car must be cat c cos of the age of it.as I said before,we bought it in 2006 when it was still a £3000 car so it was only cat d which this autocheck proves.

Miles seem to tie in as well to be fair.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Yeah if you do trailer it up let me know as would do as a daily hack perfect.

Glad to hear all is going well and you are enjoying it up here,we aren't a bad lot lol.
There is a lot of worse places to live than Aberdeen.

I know what you are saying about the auctions up here tho, they are shockingly expensive for old shit that isn't worth fuck all. Generally all the cars that go through up here are fucked so I normally stay away. Gumtree or the scot Ads are your best bet for something half decent.n
Old 08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr2john
Yeah if you do trailer it up let me know as would do as a daily hack perfect.

Glad to hear all is going well and you are enjoying it up here,we aren't a bad lot lol.
There is a lot of worse places to live than Aberdeen.

I know what you are saying about the auctions up here tho, they are shockingly expensive for old shit that isn't worth fuck all. Generally all the cars that go through up here are fucked so I normally stay away. Gumtree or the scot Ads are your best bet for something half decent.n
yeah,scot ads is ace but totally agree with the car auctions,some propper scrappers there and all reserved up ridiculously!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This maybe sold unless someone wants to shove £300 in my hand as I'm using it in a deal on some work.total bargain,the front ends are going for £200 on eBay!!!!someone could easily double their money breaking it.