Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

1978(T) - MK4 Cortina Estate GL - £600ono - Cambs

Search this Thread

Old 14-06-2010, 11:53 AM
estatecos
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978(T) - MK4 Cortina Estate GL - £600ono - Cambs

Due to recent changes in circumstances i have decided to have a break from cars for bit, hence everything is up for sale apart from my daily for getting to work obviously.

So here we have a Cortina 1.6 GL estate project

Bought this with every intention of repairing the rust and dropping a v8 in for some ratty fun times but everything is for sale now so its got to go.

MOT : None
TAX : NONE

I do have the V5 in my name but i dont have any history, think its been off the road for around 5 years now.

Welding needed:
Inner wings need some work along the wing rails and behind the headlight bowls etc, in all honesty its not that bad the inner wings could be done in a weekend. The sills either require some welding or replacement, i was just going to patch them up but to do them properly they could do with replacing as they are holed in a few places along the bottom. Thats pretty much it the rest is looking rather very solid.

Bodywork:
The paintwork is rather faded, sunburned with small bits of the brown stuff coming through but obviously only surface rust not rot, i think it looks rather cool and was going to keep it like it is. Comes with 2 brand new wings which have been made very well and cost a pretty penny The car is complete with all chrome trim etc and nothing missing.

The rest...:
The car has only covered 42000 from new. The engine and gearbox etc is obviously in fantastic condition because of this, the car starts straight away with a little bit of choke no matter how long you leave it standing, all gears engage nicely and the diff is quiet, it drives nice and the exhaust doesnt seem to be in any state of non repair either. Due to the time its been standing its going to need some bushes etc, definately needs void bushes as do most cortina's

In all honesty it wouldnt need a great amount of work to get it back on the road and i would do it to sell it for more but i know if i do it i wont be able to part with it and now it just needs to go really.

Front wings are currently off so you can clearly see what the inner wings are going to need and obviously you can see the sills.

Please message or reply with any questions you may have. Any texts or calls to 07540765075. Weekdays please only text between 8am and 6pm which will get answered quickly or feel free to call weekends or evenings, available for viewing any week night or weekend.

Located in cambridgeshire looking for £600ono I dont want the car going to a banger racer i want somebody to actually have it for a project/toy its too good for bangering.

Last edited by estatecos; 14-06-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:58 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

is the xr2 for sale?love the estate,the wife wouldnt let me sell the new mondeo to run around in that though!
Old 14-06-2010, 12:14 PM
estatecos

sorry mate i sold the XR2 not so long ago.
Old 23-06-2010, 06:17 PM
estatecos

any interest? can deliver local
Old 29-06-2010, 09:12 AM
estatecos

sold