Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

309 GTI Goodwood 57k

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2010, 06:31 PM
cozzymatt
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 309 GTI Goodwood 57k

Hi, and welcome to the sale of my Peugeot 309 Goodwood GTI,
This car is one of less than 90 remaining on the roads, only 398 were ever built! So that means this is your chance to own a rare car in totally standard form..

1993 K registration,
57,000 miles,
MOT 02/2011

I bought the car fairly recently in an attempt to try and re-live some memories that I have from days gone bye, (I owned a 309 GTI when they first came out and always kind of missed it for some reason),

I saw this one and was tempted instantly, I purchased it from Spoox motorsport in Leicester, they had recently taken the car in after it had sat in dry storage for the best part of 5 years!!!

Once purchased, I had the car serviced at Spoox, oil, filters and belts were done along with an MOT and general health check, which it all passed with flying colours J
After this I had the edges of the wheels refurbished to bring them back to a very shiny finish,
The whole car was then ‘detailed’, basically a very intense valet, the results are outstanding and now the car really does look amazing J

It carrys all of its original features including the wooden steering wheel and gearknob (not shown in pictures, but they are mint!), full leather interior, unfortunately at some time in its life the stereo and cd changer have been removed..

Unfortunately there is no service history with the car to back up the mileage L I didn’t think it would be too much of a problem and that I maybe able to track down the previous owner on one of the enthusiasts forums! I did ……. And found out some news which I wasn’t expecting…….
The car, very sadly is on the HPI register as a CAT D. this meaning at some point in its life it was cosmetically damaged beyond economical repair..
This was many years ago and the repairs that have been done to the car have been done to a very high standard and you would be very hard pushed to tell it was ever damaged anywhere!

I welcome any inspection on the car as it really does not show its age, it looks and drives fantastically, the paintwork is immaculate with no signs of rust or horrible paintwork, there are a few car park dents but nothing too major. The interior is spotless and showing NO signs of wear..

I have just sadly lost heart in the car since purchasing and I am hoping that an enthusiast will purchase it and enjoy it..

I have advertised the car at a price which I think reflects the condition of it..
I could price the car cheaper but I would want to remove things of value for lesser items, such as the steering wheel and gearknob or the alloy wheels! These would be replaced with standard GTI items..

Please feel free to call or email me for more details about the car or to arrange a viewing/test drive..
If you wanted to inspect the car at a garage with a qualified mechanics opinion this is also not a problem and can be arranged with a few days notice..

Thanks for taking the time to read my advert, I know it’s a little long winded but I am just trying to be honest unlike some sellers out there…

please contact Matt on - 07794 621 858
Looking for offers around £1600. which I think is very cheap for the car, it is spotless and drives like you wouldnt believe!
Peter wants me to break the car but I thought I would stick it on here again at more of an appealing price to see if you guys are interested?

its now fitted with good condition driving and spotlights which are not pictured also..

Matt

Old 17-05-2010, 06:59 PM
oibren85
If in Doubt Flat Out...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice car, always wanted one. If my Fiesta sells then i will be up for coming to look at this.
Old 17-05-2010, 07:09 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Not seen one in ages,one of the best handling fwd cars ever.
Old 17-05-2010, 09:00 PM
cozzymatt

your not wrong! I have had 18 205's altogether and 3 309's and they really are good in standard form....

this car is a great example and in this condition and with this mileage are getting very rare!
Old 17-05-2010, 09:10 PM
gary fraser
PassionFord Regular

my old neighbour rolled one of them about 5 year ago he only had it a week was a really nice lookin car til he got it.
Old 17-05-2010, 09:17 PM
cozzymatt

so he lifted off the throttle going into a corner? lol
Old 17-05-2010, 09:21 PM
gary fraser
PassionFord Regular

no just going to fast into the corner and went straight into a field nose first and rolled it a few times was not a straight panel left on the car ps front wheel was about 50 feet away from the car.
Old 17-05-2010, 09:38 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a 309 1.9GTi, what a cracking cracking car, I loved it and surprised a few people threw the twisties.

Sounded great and handled great. Bloody nice cars, this model was the dream when I was in mine, but could never afford it.
Old 18-05-2010, 08:57 AM
pauldonachyrs
Advanced PassionFord User

this takes me back had one of those my self when i was younger...
Old 18-05-2010, 09:35 AM
CoupeUK

Absolutely awesome, good luck with the sale!
Old 23-05-2010, 08:29 AM
hitchwest
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice motor my nextdoor neighbour had a goodwood
Old 25-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

COOL!

i used to have a tasty gold 309 sri, only a 1.6 lol

it was ace fun till the fucker decided not to start, so had to be bumped every time, and luckily i lived on a hill lol.

i wrote it off 2 months after buying it, well, turned out a mate from schools mum did, when the silly slag failed to give way to the right at a roundabout...

i wouldnt own another tho, they are fucking ugly