View Single Post
Old 20-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Red_bullet
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up @006 Fiesta will not start sometimes, will not idle FIXED

Ford Fiesta zetec will not start, will not idle. Ford Fiesta 2006 zetec will not start, will not idle.

Read on, the answer is at the end of this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford Fiesta: I am experiencing starting problems with my ford

I am experiencing starting problems with my ford fiesta Zetec 5 door hatchback 2006, 5speed manual. The car

has done about 60000 Kms. sometimes you turn the ignition key and it start first time, other times it seems

to start but doesn't maintain an idle an cuts out again. When this happens it sometimes starts the second

time but increasingly of late has then not started after several more attempts and you need to wait a minute

or so and try again. Sometimes it seems to help by turning the ignition key the first couple of clicks, so

that he lights on the dash come on but you haven't actually turned the engine over, and then after a couple

of seconds you then turn the key over fully, hold it over for a second or so and then release it - and the

engine stays on. Whether it is a cold or warm start doesn't seem to make a difference with this starting

problem. We make sure we do NOT depress the accelerator pedal when starting.
My mechanic also recently replaced the spark plugs with titanium ones, I think, as designated in the service

manual but the problem occurred before he did so and hasn't made a difference either way.
The problem does seem to occur more often now ... Over the course of several months.

Any ideas? Has anyone heard of this sort of problem and any solution? Many thanks for any help.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fix is, battery voltage goes low during cranking making ECU malfunction thus not allowing car to start

correctly. Replace the battery.

(Battery voltage can go as low as 7.5 volts under load and it still cranks over fine, but voltage is too low for the ECU to operate correctly.)