View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 11:09 AM
count
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, do you know of any way to get the engine back to "messr-spec"?
I also own a 24v Scorpio. can't think of a better car..

Originally Posted by The Gravedigger
Originally Posted by keith5700
Hi, just registered today, nice to find 24V scorpio mentioned. i've had mine for about 4 years. need the rs bodykit for it if anyone knows where to get one. i thought the performance was mediocre at best, maybe the box was shagged, but i bought it for a transplant anyway. after 4 years and a fair bit of cash it now has..........5.7litre chevy small block V8,alloy trick flow heads,edelbrock intake, holley avenger carb,MSD ignition and distributor, 4 branch headers, twin 2.5" stainless exhaust with flowmaster silencers, steel flywheel, cossy T5 box, hydraulic clutch, spax suspension, polybushed, 17" mercedes amg replica alloys, sparco torino seats and wheel, nordskog digital gauges, plus lots more bits i can't even remember.
am fitting a jag diff into rear beam at moment, then need tremec tko600 gearbox so driveline will stand up to a vortech centrifugal supercharger. its superquick at present but nothings ever quick enough once you get the bug........cheers
LoL nice one

Shame you chucked out the best bit though, the engine.

No really, yes they are strangled by Ford (engine was designed my messrs Costin and Duckworth to be 300bhp normally aspirated) and yes the Autobox is pants, but they are amazing value second hand.

£31,000 new, including the optional leather, and 10 years and 100,000 miles later you can get a good one for £1,000.

Beat that, bang per buck.

(having said that I just bought a Saff Cos 4x4 and the Granny is up for sale )