Old 13-01-2013, 07:20 PM
moznotwoz
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and before you launch into another rant telling others that their talking shit of telling them to f off, lets just clear a few points up.
I never had a PLACEMENT at ford I applied for the job and was fortunate enough to get it, following that I left for a better offer. That was a good number of years ago and yes, plenty has changed since then but I've remained in the trade and now run a franchised workshop dealing with all the headaches both you and every other fleet manager, lease controller, maintenance administrator or accountant have to deal with on a daily basis.
Lex, HSBC autolease, zenith and Branning are just a few and I've probably over stepped the mark by mentioning them however sometimes mate you need to appreciate that not everyone is a retard because they don't adhere to your opinion.
I also anticipate that your next tantrum will be wanting to know why I came on this thread if I have this experience. Well its quite simple, one of the fitters where carrying out a service and investigation of a reported noise on a 1.4 zetec for a company. Following a strip down it turned out that it was cam belt back lash catching the upper cover?? Turns out that for no valid mechanical or component reason, the belt had started delaminating. I wont explain' I'm sure you know what that is.
Any way a discussion ensued in the canteen as to recommended intervals and our new boy pipes up facts and figures including mention of this site so I thought i'd see if anyone else had experienced this.
The car had 48,000mls on it water pump and tensioner fine and no debri evident, quite simply the belt has deteriorated.
If this hadn't been found, well based on your position you know what the end result would have been and Ford wouldn't have give a monkeys regardless of their recommended interval. So as you can see its quite simply a case of leave and chance it or change it and have piece of mind.
I've seen cambelts make it to well over 100,000k more by good luck not good judgement but come on mate if you do, the job you say, even you must get that stuff like this is a lottery.
You have a job to account for every penny spent to make the fleet cost effective and based on some of the squandering of cash I've seen by lease companies due to the drivers abusing their vehicles in the past, I think its time companies got a tighter reign on their outgoings.
However as I've said its my opinion and its as valid as yours and neither of them will convince anyone if they don't want to listen.

Last edited by moznotwoz; 13-01-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mis spell