View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi Tarren,

I'll put some pics up tomorrow when i get it back mate....

In the meantime, i sent it to the bodyshop that originally painted it at the beginning of febuary for the following work to be carried out...

1 Repair and paint osf wing from where it was scratched at work

2 There was a couple of little blisters on both rear wheel arches so repair them and paint both rear quarters

3 Paint the roof

4 The rear bumper had melted near the exhaust so i bought a new genuuine one, this was to be painted

5 I bought some sideskirts off ebay which were straighter than the originals, paint these

I told him he could have it for a month because i thought that was plenty of time to get it all sorted and i'm using it for a mates wedding in may so wanted it back with plenty of time to clean it up and iron out any niggly problems before the wedding.

It wasn't touched for 2 weeks after me taking it up there which pissed me off but anyway, he then got on with it, the month went by and there was no sign of it being finished so i told him a white lie that the wedding was in april, just to try and hurry him up.

Anyway, i got it back mid april after mithering the fuck out of him to get it done, i got it back quite late on in the evening when it going dark so couldn't check it over properly so i didn't pay him there and then and told him i'd take the money up after work the next day... But i had a feeling it wasn't right so i decided to wash it off and check it over the next day before i paid him...

What i found pissed me off to the point of me nearly breaking it tbh...

1 It was a totally different shade of white to the rest of the car

2 The paint on the osf wing and rear quarters had had some sort of reaction, it looked like eggshell or something under the surface of the paint

3 The nsr wheel arch was the WRONG SHAPE

4 The roof and the rear bumper looked like they'd been done with an aerosol and there was shit in the paint

5 masking lines EVERWHERE,

6 A HUGE triangle of overspray on the nsr door

7 he broke BOTH my numberplate lights and left them loose in the rear bumper, presumably hoping i wouldn't say anything or wouldn't notice

8 he broke the clips on both roof trims, again, never said anything

There are other things he's fucked up as well but you get the idea...

I got straight on the phone to citizens advice to see where i stood legally and the told me i'd got to give them the opportunity to put it right which obviously i wasn't happy with but i rang them, basically told them what i thought of them and that i'd spoken to C.A.B and trading standards and they almost instantly said "ok, if you're not happy to bring it back then don't and there's no charge" Which to me says they know they've done a shoddy job and didn't wasnt me to be dragging their name through the mud.

So, it's currently at another bodyshop being sorted out, hopefully getting it back tomorrow, although they did ring me earlier to say the first cowboys may have damaged the sunroof mechanism as well, fantastic!!

On the plus side, i went to see how they were getting on with it today and it looked awesome!!

Some pics of how it was...

This is the osr quarter, it was hard to capture on a photo but you can just see the weird reaction under the paint...it was the same on the nsr quarter and osf wing...

Again, difficult to see in a pic but stood out like a sore thumb on the car, this is the nsr wheel arch, it was like a 50p piece lol

My broken number plate lights...

Rear towing eye cover stuck down with masking tape...nice lol

Anyway, the plus side was i hadn't paid him anything so at least i wasn't out of pocket, and it's now being sorted...

Will post up some pics of it when i get it back over the weekend