Old 27-04-2012, 07:15 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saph cossie brake problem, spongey pedal. help!!!

Hi there, i have problem with my mates brakes, its a 1988 saph cossie, its a long story so hear gose.........

Few months ago my mate had few corroded rear pipes, replaced them and did full system bleed, he drove it round for few months noooo troubles..........

Then few weeks ago he asked me to fit a set of coilovers and front bremsport calipers and discs i think they are 320mm or somthing. any way these were on my freind's car which he is breaking up and he recently had them overhauled with new pistons, ds2500 pads and discs. so i know they are fine!...... Before i did this HE fitted a external wastegate and exhaust manifold gaskets (he isnt the most mechanically minded person bearing in mind!)

So fitted coilovers, then front brakes with the braided hoses that are made for the caliper, cleaned and greased all the pads up and usual stuff, fitted them no problems, no leaks.
I decided to put ATE racing blue fluid in it, so drained out the whole system by leaving the nipples open for a few hours. Refilled the pot and did a full sytem bleed, all bled up fine, no air, no problems!!!! started it up pedal was perfect.

BUT within about 10-15 pumps the pedal went shit, almost to the floor. sooooo bled the system again.......and again......and again (exactly as it says in the ford manual and the way i normally do it) first few pumps are perfect but as u keep pressure on it sinks to the floor , no air in the system, no leaks, accumulator pump is working fine and everything seems fine, all multiplugs in and correct.
i checked every pipe, nipple, hose and must have bled at least 3 litres of fluid through it.

Bearing in mind iam a mechanic and have worked on alot of these cars and own a 3-door myself which i did all brakes on last week and had no trouble with bleeding that in the exact same way with same fluid. and never had this problem before!

If any one has any ideas or had this before, any ideas would be massively helpful!!!

Thanks
Rob