View Single Post
Old 19-11-2011, 06:38 AM
spudulike
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Martin, I've seen the picture before but where you can see the resistor in it on my car it just has some sort of blanking plate. I took it to an auto electrician yesterday and he said that as the car has aircon it does not have that type of heater resistor so I'm no wiser as to where the resistor is located on my 53 plate Focus, or even if it has on e on this model/year. Now it's been looked at I now have another problem as I was driving the car back I noticed the traction control and ABS lights were permanently on so got to take it back on Monday to see what's happened there. I did get him to replace the pollen filter and re-seal properly as a precaution as when I looked for the resistor myself I thought I could feel water droplets on the fuse box behind the glove box so I dont think that will have helped matters. Also I have a problem with the battery draining after about a week so I'm having to take it off and charge. These might all be caused by the water ? possibly but any thoughts or fixes on these would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony