View Single Post
Old 27-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kieron
Thats not the arguement as your comparing two different builds. Of course I don't think those 10 stone soaking wet bicep boys should be partially moving weights far too advanced for them. I don't even want to get started one some of their training and pied routines.

However, if your doing partial (for the sake of this chat) reps with 50's, would YOU benefit more from doing 40's and taking them right down?? IMHO, yes. Depends if your ego can handle it though.

Just my opinion and you may find you grow more for doing the partials.. Everyone is different. Shoulders, for me, work best when burining them rather than pumping. That said I rarely train mine so my thoughts are null and void. lol
I do agree on the most part.

I suppose the difference is i train (mostly) for strength although obviously a positive side effect of strength training is the size gains!!

I hate getting involved in discussions like this to be totally honest. No one ever agrees on training methods and people are always quick to put down others for whatever reason. I train to be big and strong, to deadlift 300kg, to have functional strength etc etc.... which obviously differs greatly for guys who want to step on a stage and show off their size and shape.

As for training shoulders, i'm doing them tonight, 4 sets of clean and press', 3 sets of side raises and 3 sets of fronts is about as much direct training as they get!