Old 14-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Dal69
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24vcossiemat
you don't if you are solely doing recovery work.. but you do if you doing vehicle transportation I.E dealer transfer's things like that.. a spec lift cannot be used for carrying anything else only cars or bikes therefore if just for roadside recovery it is mot exempt, because it is then classed as an emergency service vehicle and you get road tax at a lower rate. my 7.5tonne renault midlum crew cab recovery truck was 165 quid a year.
Hi, I just joined this forum because i was reading this discussion, Im nearly 41 and am myself looking into doing recovery, breakdown, dealership transfers etc so im guessin i will need an MOT on a vehicle, whats the ins n outs on the insuances that I would need? I do know from reading the discussion which ones I will need! If I was to get a transit with a 16 ft back would that totally limit what I could pick up, should I look into getting a spec lift? A 7.5 tonner what is the issues with them when it comes to overnight parking and using the tacho? Any help on these matters would well be appreciated.
Regards
Dal

Last edited by Dal69; 14-12-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: want to add to it