View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 PM
fastbutnotfurious
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

01-03-2010 08:45 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING 01-03-2010 08:45 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES 01-03-2010 08:37 International Hub Arrived in destination country
I also have that message! But I actually managed to get hold of UK customs and find out what the process is. They are able to tell you when the items will be processed ie. the lady at customs told me that all items that arrived on the 1st March 2010 will be processed on the 3rd. It's the 4th now and it hasn't yet been processed but here's hoping! I'm going on holiday on Sunday 7th and need this before then... it looks bleak.

Parcelforce also said that UK customs will send you a letter detailing the charges (if any) and you have to ring up quoting the ref number on that letter in order to pay. That too hasn't arrived yet though.

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
If its at the International Hub, I'd be surprised if its waiting for payment of charges by the customer. Parcelforce are the forwarding agent, who will pay the charges, then it will become payable by the customer once it reaches the local delivery depot.