Old 31-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Delta-Force
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Focus St170 Fault Codes P0135 P0141 P1518

Hi all ive bought a focus st170 recentley that has a few of the usual faults the last owner had removed the bulb out of the eml

on the way home i noticed its mega heavy on fuel im talking from light on £10 of fuel 38 mile later and its back on thats driveing with gear changes at 3k so i pluged it into my reader and it came up with these faults the P1518 IMRC stcuk open so i checked the clip its not broke so i removed the imrc unit and took it apart to check the contacts inside with a multi meter and thats working ok i then checked the motor on a power supply and thats working so ive orderd a tip121 transistor so see if that will fix it so il have to wait for the part to come before i carry on with that now and hope it fixes it as ford stealers want £190 for a new unit

but the other problem P0135 and P0141 seems to be saying that bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 lambda sensors have failed what are the chances of them both failing at the same time i thought this was a bit weard can anyone shead any light or have you come across it before ?

anyone have any ideas or have you got a st and had the same fault just thought id add a post to see if any other fellow st owners have had these problems before any help or info would be great though cheers mark

btw i have checked the fuses and checked the wireing for burns splits etc and it looks fine

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0135
Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Not Functioning

This code means that the heated circuit in the oxygen sensor on bank 1 decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0141.

P0141

O2 Sensor
Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
This code means that the heated circuit in the oxygen sensor on bank 1 decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0141. See also: P0135 (Bank 1, Sensor 1).

P1518.
Inlet runner control stuck open

intake manifold air control solenoid, bank 1 solenoid stuck open