Thread: My 205 diesel.
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2009, 01:23 PM
crumpet
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry_GTi
Reason your blowing head gaksets is running too much diesel judging by that video on the rollers.

My Skoda pickup is running a 1.6 VW block and 1.9 head, with the KKK K24 Turbo, wastegate completely blocked off and I am controlling boost by diesel. Basically you want a little smoke as it comes on boost which clears to a light haze after that. You are causing huge EGT's with that much un-burned diesel and blowing your gasket.

I run 21psi on the larger K24 and never had any problems. Diesel's are great for daily driving.

On the xud diesels with the lucas or bosch pumps, you need to adjust the fueling a certain amount to even effect the boost levels, you can adjust the max fuel and the boost compensator to get the boost up to 18-19 psi with out touching the actuator (t2 turbo) and thats the max you can do it before you have to raise the boost even more to get rid of the smoke,you can also adjust the fueling but thats more smoke.. My 306 was immensly smokey. The headgaskets on the xud engines always go near the drivers engine mount.Always the downside to them

now Vag older derv's, ( i had one of these too, a z1 engined mk3)

i had nothing but problems The turbo (kkk) was nackered, alot worse than any of my turbos in the past, anyway it was running, and of course the bosch pumps are different on the vags to the pug's, so i tuned it, later on the crank broke, so i had to break it